• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Francisco Chronicle - Open carry movement duels it out with Brady Center

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/crime/detail?&entry_id=64554

SNIP

Dueling emotions on gun control flare anew

The Open Carry pro-gun movement and its opposite number on the political fence, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, ratcheted up the rhetoric this week with dueling statements that show the battle over letting people pack firearms in public is not even close to dying down.

OpenCarry.org, the group pushing for a national expansion of the right of law-abiding citizens to tote unloaded -- or loaded -- firearms in the open, fired off a public statement condemning a bill, AB1934, to prohibit people from openly carrying even unloaded weapons in California. The bill by state Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, D-San Diego, is making its way through the Legislature -- and the OpenCarry statement called it "histrionic," saying Saldana "has misled legislators, the media and the public at large into believing that AB1934 would not impact private property rights."

. . .

eye95

imported post

I'd say we are a group.

group

–noun

1. any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
Yep. I'd say we are a group.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

As a group, we no doubt have way more members than the Brady campaign... but we don't have the big buck sponsors on the left who want the public disarmed. It would be nice if we had our own Soros, but we don't.

Dreamer

imported post

Assault, vandalism, property damage, spitting, slander, libel, illegal campaign contributions, and attempted murder.

Yeah, the Brady Campaign and MMM are a real bunch of law-abiding, peace-loving cupcakes alright...

Any time ANY person tries to quote a Brady statistic or tries to say what a good thing the MMM is, I just look at them with a smile and say:

"Barbara Graham"
And walk away...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I find it interesting to see that these same people, who usually find a group and use their special interests as an excuse to eliminate rights, are labeling a group specifically to be persecuted and removed from rights...

It's as if they know their own ploys so well, they even know how to screw it up the best.

25sierraman

imported post

how do people like this live? Their thought process must be so messed up. I just cant imagine being that much of an idiot. I've had conversations with people that share a similar mentality to some of the people described in that one article about MMM. I usually leave the conversation with a little less hope for humanity. It's just amazing how these sheltered individuals can take their freedoms for granted so much that they're willing to give them up or even rush the process along a little bit.