• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vets protected us, let's protect their 2A rights

Dave Workman

imported post

Vets protected us, let's protect their Second Amendment rights

For too many people, the Memorial Day weekend just means a big sale down at the Bellevue, Southcenter or Tacoma malls, a visit to the Folklife Festival in Seattle, or a three-day camping trip to the drier east side of the mountains.

Others, however, take time to reflect and remember a father, uncle, brother or – perhaps most sadly of all – a son or daughter, who will never again be at the 4[suP]th[/suP] of July family picnic, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas party for “the rest of their lives.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m5d28-Vets-protected-us-lets-protect-their-Second-Amendment-rights

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/396nc6t

aktion

imported post

A fine article, Mr Workman.

This Memorial Day takes on a slightly more significant meaning, as my wife just shipped out to boot camp two weeks ago. My thanks go out to all who served, and especially those who didn't come home.

redski30

imported post

Your article was great. It is sad that so many people have forgotten that the only reason that we can live the kind of lives we do is because of the people who have fought and died for the freedoms we take for granted every day.

Dave Workman

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Dave, as well written as your articles are, it's a shame you dont write for a well publicized newspaper.

Occasionally I do.
A piece I did will be in the Chicago Sun-Times this weekend.

Thank you for your generous comments.

amzbrady

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Dave, as well written as your articles are, it's a shame you dont write for a well publicized newspaper.

Occasionally I do.

Good to hear, Illinois needs morethese types of article's just for awareness.

Flanders007

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Occasionally I do.

Dave,

Link to article in Chicago Sun Times?

Thanks!

Edit: I can't believe I asked that question while I had the internet in front of me... :banghead:

For everyone else, here is the link

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/2332102,CST-EDT-open29a.article

Thank you to all vets! I am sitting here enjoying some time with family who have served, and a friend who lost his brother 2.5 yrs ago. Sgt. Zachery Tellier died fighting to save the lives of his brothers. I was with my friend when he got that call from his mother. She had to tell him that his brother had died. Not a great morning, but one that I will never forget.

God Bless the men, women and family that fight for our freedoms.