• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just had a police encounter

IA_farmboy

imported post

elvenhome21 wrote:
Think your mail man would deliver to this or is it over the top

going-postal-postal-mailbox-really-big-gun-demotivational-poster-1271274164.jpg

OOOH! I WANT!

elvenhome21

imported post

If i was to build one i would make it where it did one of three things.

Either the trigger opened the mailbox or when you opened the mailbox the hammer and trigger pulled back ( you would need a spring on the face so it would snap shut and the hammer would come slamming down just to add to the realism)

Or on a semi auto, think of it as a barrel cut in half horizontally so its like a trough to hold the mail and the slide is the cover to the mailbox. To open the mailbox you have to push the slide back and put the mail in the barrel (or you could even have the mail be put in the ejector hole in the slide).

smithman

imported post

I want to thank you for posting this Cobra. I used your example as a way to continue to educate my wife on such matters. She is pretty savvy because I talk about this type of stuff from time to time. But the USSC decision today about asserting your fifth amendment rights proved a good discussion starter. We both think the court really got this one wrong.

I have said this on this website before, but I will repeat for the newcomers:
You should be very concerned when the USSC consistently votes 5-4 on open and shut constitutional issues.

Cobra469

imported post

Well I have been doing a lot of research on this issue and can't seem to find any reports were the USPS has had an officer deliver notification of refusal to deliver mail. Standard practice is to deliver notification via mail which is pretty ironical. I will be submitting in FOI request to find out why exactly they felt that 2 detectives, a squad car, and animal control is required for such notifications. I still think that the bigger issue was my weapon since none of this was a problem till earlier in the week when I told him I was not LE. I am wondering if I can submit a FOI request on all complaints my mailman has filed on other parties? From what a neighbor says he complains about everything and likes to refuse mail. Unfortunately regardless of any of it there is nothing I can really do other than to get rid of my dogs from what I am reading. Wife won't let me put a stuffed dog in the tree with a remote barker and a rope so when he comes I can drop it and turn on the barker. Also thought of getting a neighbor to allow me to have my mail delivered to their address so the turd would still have to deliver my mail next door. I will post pictures of my "killer dogs" later.

Cobra469

imported post

Glockface wrote:

Found out he didn't even know about the pit I have. No surprise there since the pit is over 13 years old and can hardly move. It was my 30 lbs dog that he is afraid of. Seems this link is about the mailman dying from being knocked over. If my 30 lbs dog can knock my mailman over he needs some meat on them bones.

Seems my FOI request was denied by the post master. But on good news they have "approved" of me installing a mailbox within 4 feet of the sidewalk. Then they will start delivering mail again. How nice of them to do their federal job. But as I told them from the beginning although I am not happy to have to make changes I will make REASONABLE changes in order to reach a mutually acceptable compromise. Although I don't agree with it from everything I can find the unions pretty much have the postal service by the balls on this one. My dog barks and that is accepted by them as a sign of aggression. I have been looking high and low for a mailbox shaped like my dog just to piss the mailman off. The mail manager said to put it up about 3-4 feet from the sidewalk to keep kids from messing with it but the mailman claims that he won't step 1 foot onto the property. So we shall see how that goes. Then "if" he continues to aggravate me I will install a barking alarm so when he opens the door the mailbox starts barking. but that is only if he continues to aggravate me.

Yes I know I enjoy aggravating people who aggravate me. As for the police showing up it turns out the mailman claimed that my dog attacked him from over 40 ft away. So the police have to investigate every dog attack on a government worker. So I moved on from that soap box. Of course I am pissed that they won't do anything about him filing a false police report since I can't prove anything. Seems I need some more cameras installed to cover the outside of my house as well as the cameras I already have.

icepik

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hmmmm. So, police are now messengers for the post office?

Call the post office and work out some agreement? How about the post office send a letter stating their position and inviting a discussion?
How do you suppose they should send a letter if they are refusing to deliver his mail?

:celebrate

apjonas

imported post

FedEx, UPS, DHL,....

icepik wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Call the post office and work out some agreement? How about the post office send a letter stating their position and inviting a discussion?
How do you suppose they should send a letter if they are refusing to deliver his mail?

AaronS

imported post

apjonas wrote:
FedEx, UPS, DHL,....

icepik wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Now that is funny. The USPS has to send letters by UPS...