Thread: follow up: Safe handling and carry of the Taurus PT 24/7

Post imported post

The Taurus PT 24/7 is a SA/DA pistol with a decocking device integrated with the safety selector. Does anyone know it it is unsafe to chamber a round, decock the firearm placing it in a double action configuration and carry it with the safety off?

To me this doesn't seem any less safe than carrying a double action only handgun without an external safety such as a Glock or a Kahr with a round in the chamber. If the firearm is decocked there is no way the firing pin could be sprung unless the trigger is pulled, correct?

The reason I ask is that in a life or death situation, the safety is just one more thing to forget should I have to quickly draw and fire my weapon. Sure, you can drill yourself all you want, but you can't recreate life or death scenarios without genuine risk of life and death.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

no its not unsafe this is the way sig and hk and fn's operate. A safety on a double action gun is useless in my opinion unless you have no idea that you should keep your finger off the trigger until ur ready to fire.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Post imported post

My 1911A1 has a decocking device.

We call it a "trigger."