Thread: New Guy

Post imported post

Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Stumbled across this site a day or so back. I have not opened carried yet. Need to get some kahonas, I suppose. I do CC though, when ever I am not at home. I saw my first and only open carry person at a gas station on Bowles and C470, across for the Walmart, a couple of weeks back. Just struck up a conversation with the guy about what he carried etc. It got me thinking...

Anyone know if I have a CCW permit am I still able to legally OC? It seems I remember in my CCW class they told us not to OC.

Post imported post

they told you not to OC because they don't believe in it. you can have a CC permit and still OC, as long as its legal to OC where you happen to be when you are doing it.

welcome

Post imported post

I lived in Bailey and Conifer not to long ago. Had a younger sibling go to High School there. I open carry in the area frequently. Next time I'm out for a shoot I will let you know- I take a trail from the Burlington subdivision into Pikes NF

Post imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
    I lived in Bailey and Conifer not to long ago. Had a younger sibling go to High School there. I open carry in the area frequently. Next time I'm out for a shoot I will let you know- I take a trail from the Burlington subdivision into Pikes NF
    Yes, do. I live in that area so I would love to tag along.

I have never seen anyone OC around here. Not to say people don't. I just may have not noticed. It seems to be a very firearm friendly county to me. Everyone I have ever talked to up here owns guns.

scubabeme

Post imported post

Hey, let me know, too. Won't guarantee I can make it--child care issues & such-- but I'dlove to meet more"others" in person!