• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Absolute Crap

LvstudentDoc

imported post

Serioulsy we need to fight for this guy.....http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12562227

HENDERSON, Nev. -- [/b]Clark County School Police say they have arrested a man for bringing a gun on the grounds of Liberty High School.

Police say the man had the gun in his car and was picking up a student. He had a valid CCW permit, but weapons are banned from school grounds.

The man was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center for possession of a deadly weapon on school property.

THIS IS BULLSHIT gang bangers have guns and go to jail and then have charges dropped if they help in an investigation or anything. Leaving the gun in the car shows this guy was no threat and was mindful of the law. What the hell is he susposed to do if he is picking up his child after he gets off work, go home drop of the gun, come on this is insane!

sslade6751

imported post

unfortunately he should of known better if he has a ccw he attended the training class where they tell you where you cant bring a gun and he obviously was not paying attention for it or the class did not teach it

the sad part is if he was a gang banger useing it for hostile reasons he wouldn't get charged for possessing a hand gun on school property.

he should of tried to get written permission from the principal before he did that I'm just wondering what he did to attract the police attention so that they found the gun in his car

LvstudentDoc

imported post

If the police can make deals on the street to overlook a lil weed or something in return for some info then they should be able to make a judgement call and tell him he cant have that on school property even if he has a ccw and tell him not to bring it again or to park on the street or something. In my eyes this is a waste of time when they could be out fighting actual crimes not petty things like this.

Sabotage70

imported post

Don't get me wrong. I feel the same way. The cop might be a little anti and feels that he should be the only one that can defend ones self. There's the spirit of the law and there's the letter of the law. And it looks like he was going by the letter.:banghead:

Judge.410

imported post

Just another case of going after the folks that are easy to get. This is sad....back ground check and finger prints, now he possibly will lose his permit......he was a danger ? Bad call by LEO...unless something is missing here. Send this guy to protect our Border.

LvstudentDoc

imported post

i guess it was a traffic stop on the car and somehow he either told the police officer he had a ccw which we are told to do or had the car searched for some reason. The gun was under the drivers seat at the time..i wonder what the pc was for the search, i bet the guy told the officer for his safety that a firearm was in the car and what did he do in return arrest the guy. Please tell me how many guns are on ccsd campus every day on students or in the car..this is crap i hope the DA throws this out. Police need to use some logic and just say hey thanks for telling me u had a ccw just so you know you cant be on school property next time park across the street or soemthin. If he got pulled over in a "school zone" as he was driving through or parked waiting for his childthat will totally outrageous.

jjh

imported post

In Louisiana I can have a gun in my car on school grounds as it is Constitutionally protected like my home is it not the same in Nevada?

40xdotra

imported post

It is really too bad this happen to the person. The CCW classes I have attended all make it very clear about no guns on school grounds. I believe there are some issues an officer is called to where they are not allow to use their discretion such as domestic violence. The one that is determined to have done the violence automatically goes to jail or if there is an auto accident, both vehicles are always ticketed. I wonder since guns on school grounds has been such a hot button issue it may be police policy only allows them to arrest in a case like this. It would be nice if once finding out it was a legally owned gun where the guy would have received an explanation of the law and a warning. My $.02 is I believe the cop followed the law we all know about and the guy made a bad mistake.