Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Bay Citizen - Open Carry Crowd Takes Aim at Bill

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    http://www.baycitizen.org/blogs/puls...takes-aim-bill

    SNIP


    Open Carry Crowd Takes Aim at Bill
    By Annette Fuentes on May 28, 2010 - 6:00 a.m. PDT




    Those open carry gun enthusiasts who've been showing up in Starbucks and other public places with guns holstered on their hips are in a tizzy. Assembly Bill 1934 is inching forward in the Legislature, and that bill would void California's existing law that allows people to openly carry hand guns—as long as they are unloaded. AB 1934 was authored by San Diego Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, whom Examiner.com contributorand open-carry proponentCharles Nichols refers to as a "term limited nutter."
    . . .

    Many reacted gleefully to comments made by UC Berkeley law and criminal justice professor Frank Zimring at a Commonwealth Club forum on the open carry issue Wednesday night.

    There, Zimring reportedly said that AB 1934 wouldn't make the public safer.

    . . .

    Meanwhile, the latest data from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, released this week, seems to lend credence to the idea that carrying a gun around town, albeit unloaded, may be more about ideology than protection. Even in an economic recession, when many would anticipate a spike in crime, the opposite has been true. For the third year in a row, violent crime was down in 2009—by 5.5 percent. Homicide was down by 7.2 percent. The downward trend has been underway for a decade, and criminologists, including Zimring, aren't sure why it's happening or when it could change.

    . . .

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!

  3. #3
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!
    tizzy: n. Slang , pl. , -zies . A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither. [Origin unknown.]

    I've been there a few times.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Post imported post

    Gundude wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!
    tizzy: n. Slang , pl. , -zies . A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither. [Origin unknown.]

    I've been there a few times.
    Hey All,

    I believe "tizzy" and "panties-in-a-wad" are synonyms. No self respecting man would use either term in everyday discourse. It is similar to "go-girl." Please don't tell me to "go-boy."

    Some men may present you with a knuckle sandwich if you directedthat term at them!

    markm

  5. #5
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    MarkBofRAdvocate wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!
    tizzy: n. Slang , pl. , -zies . A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither. [Origin unknown.]

    I've been there a few times.
    Hey All,

    I believe "tizzy" and "panties-in-a-wad" are synonyms. No self respecting man would use either term in everyday discourse. It is similar to "go-girl." Please don't tell me to "go-boy."

    Some men may present you with a knuckle sandwich if you directedthat term at them!

    markm
    From a hunter's prospective, I would equate it to buck fever. The first time you see a big buck and realize you forgot to load your rifle, and you try to shove a chap stick into the chamber. :?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    Gun Dude,

    Was that chapstick reference a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE? LOL:what::what::what:
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    JoeSparky wrote:
    Gun Dude,

    Was that chapstick reference a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE? LOL:what::what::what:
    I have a ton of buck fever stories, but we are waaaaay off topic here.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

  8. #8
    Regular Member PaleoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    To All Californians,

    In SoCal an ad-hoc working group was put together to spread the word thru out communities in an effort to fight AB-1934. Please PM coolusername regards to details and copy of petition we have elected to circulate for signature gathering, as well as talking points and ideas on how to reach out to large groups of people at once.

    Lets, in a uniform effort do our part to kill this garbage and put in the trash can were it belongs.

    Thx





  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    bump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •