• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Bay Citizen - Open Carry Crowd Takes Aim at Bill

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.baycitizen.org/blogs/pulse-of-the-bay/open-carry-crowd-takes-aim-bill

SNIP

Open Carry Crowd Takes Aim at Bill
By Annette Fuentes on May 28, 2010 - 6:00 a.m. PDT

https://citizen-media.s3.amazonaws..../5/revolver/lightbox/297794102_6039786881.jpg

Those open carry gun enthusiasts who've been showing up in Starbucks and other public places with guns holstered on their hips are in a tizzy. Assembly Bill 1934 is inching forward in the Legislature, and that bill would void California's existing law that allows people to openly carry hand guns—as long as they are unloaded. AB 1934 was authored by San Diego Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, whom Examiner.com contributorand open-carry proponentCharles Nichols refers to as a "term limited nutter."
. . .

Many reacted gleefully to comments made by UC Berkeley law and criminal justice professor Frank Zimring at a Commonwealth Club forum on the open carry issue Wednesday night.

There, Zimring reportedly said that AB 1934 wouldn't make the public safer.

. . .

Meanwhile, the latest data from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, released this week, seems to lend credence to the idea that carrying a gun around town, albeit unloaded, may be more about ideology than protection. Even in an economic recession, when many would anticipate a spike in crime, the opposite has been true. For the third year in a row, violent crime was down in 2009—by 5.5 percent. Homicide was down by 7.2 percent. The downward trend has been underway for a decade, and criminologists, including Zimring, aren't sure why it's happening or when it could change.

. . .

eye95

imported post

We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!

Gundude

imported post

eye95 wrote:
We're "in a tizzy"? Wow, I've never been "in a tizzy" before. I kinda like it. I think that I will regularly get into tizzies!

tizzy: n. Slang , pl. , -zies . A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither. [Origin unknown.]

I've been there a few times.

markm

imported post

Gundude wrote:
eye95 wrote:

tizzy: n. Slang , pl. , -zies . A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither. [Origin unknown.]

Hey All,

I believe "tizzy" and "panties-in-a-wad" are synonyms. No self respecting man would use either term in everyday discourse. It is similar to "go-girl." Please don't tell me to "go-boy."

Some men may present you with a knuckle sandwich if you directedthat term at them!

markm

Gundude

imported post

MarkBofRAdvocate wrote:
Gundude wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Hey All,

I believe "tizzy" and "panties-in-a-wad" are synonyms. No self respecting man would use either term in everyday discourse. It is similar to "go-girl." Please don't tell me to "go-boy."

Some men may present you with a knuckle sandwich if you directedthat term at them!

markm
From a hunter's prospective, I would equate it to buck fever. The first time you see a big buck and realize you forgot to load your rifle, and you try to shove a chap stick into the chamber. :?

Gundude

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Gun Dude,

Was that chapstick reference a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE? LOL:what::what::what:
I have a ton of buck fever stories, but we are waaaaay off topic here. :lol:

Palecon

imported post

To All Californians,

In SoCal an ad-hoc working group was put together to spread the word thru out communities in an effort to fight AB-1934. Please PM coolusername regards to details and copy of petition we have elected to circulate for signature gathering, as well as talking points and ideas on how to reach out to large groups of people at once.

Lets, in a uniform effort do our part to kill this garbage and put in the trash can were it belongs.

Thx