• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serpa for a pt 92?

mack91

imported post

Do any of you guys know If a serpa for a taurus pt 92 is available or if the beretta 92 one would work?, or any good suggestions? thanks.

jeeper1

imported post

I have both a Beretta 92fs and a Taurus 99af. I also have a Serpa holster for my Beretta. The Taurus fits in the holster but the retention catch does not catch because the bottom front part of the trigger guard is more curved toward the front than the Beretta is.
If the point of the Taurus trigger guard was filed back about one sixteenth of an inch to match the Beretta's shape than the holster would work. Conversely if you don't want to modify the gun you could modify the holster.

Taurus PT-92AF

Serpa holster for Taurus PT-92

I just purchased a Blackhawk! Serpa paddle holster for my Taurus PT-92AF. I test fit a newer Taurus pistol in it at the gun shop before I bought it and that pistol worked fine in it. My pistol is much older and has a thicker trigger guard and didn't clip in at all. The gun fits inside the holster fine otherwise. There are no problems with the upper part of the holster pressing on the mag release button either. I read somewhere that someone else had that problem. My solution was to reduce the locking tab inside the holster by melting the front side of it down slightly with a heated screwdriver tip. Melt a little, let cool a few seconds then test fit the gun in the holster. Be careful not to melt away too much too fast. Repeat until the gun clicks in. After that you might need to trim the excess melted plastic from the locking lever. You can do this with a utility knife from the outside of the holster. Trim until the lock lever moves freely. Now your Serpa holster will hold your Taurus nice and tight.