Thread: starlight diner flint mi, center & davison roads.

Post imported post

I kind of want to oc at the starlight in flint on a Saturday night, third shift they have 2 armed guards walking the joint, i am curious if they would allow me or anyone in there with a lawful weapon?

has anyone tried, or would anyone care to join me? I'll buy.

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    I kind of want to oc at the starlight in flint on a Saturday night, third shift they have 2 armed guards walking the joint, i am curious if they would allow me or anyone in there with a lawful weapon?

ya i wanna come!! i was gonna go on a camp out and shoot here in washington.
    but if youll pay the airfare and put me up for the night,,,,, im there
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

kyle
    Oc there
    and the worst they can do is ask you to conceal it or leave
    not sure why you are afraid to OC there thats all they can do

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Morons.....

If the place NEEDS armed guards posted, why the hell would you EVER want to go there?

Do you want to get in a shootout?

Do you want to shoot someone?

Do you want to get shot?

Would you let your wife go there alone?

Would you let your child go there alone?

Where are your heads people?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Morons.....

If the place NEEDS armed guards posted, why the hell would you EVER want to go there?

Do you want to get shot?

Exactly.

I've been to Starlite, aka Star-Fight, aka Start-A-Fight, a few times and it's not a place to test the OC waters, especially late at night or early morning hours (bar rush). Lagarda Security, just down the road, has been filling their armed security needs for at least nine years that I know of...So, it's not something new. I would imagine however, that OC there during the day would probably be the way to go.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBX_Y0BmdM

Contrary to Captain Clueless in the vid, the guardsare not LEO's.

Post imported post

by that logic, I should not carry in flint city limits at all since they needed to up police patrols and were debating on calling in the national guard to try to slow down crime?

is this what I am gathering? I shouldn't carry in places where I may need to defend myself, correct?

Post imported post

and p.s I have a better chance of getting shot in my neighborhood than I do at some extra soft coney island in Burton.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Morons.....

Do you want to get shot?

Yeah. That.

If it's a place you wouldn't go unarmed, but would if you have your gun you shouldn't be going at all. Then gun should not make that decision for you.

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    by that logic, I should not carry in flint city limits at all since they needed to up police patrols and were debating on calling in the national guard to try to slow down crime?

is this what I am gathering? I shouldn't carry in places where I may need to defend myself, correct?
    IMHO ; Targeton ones back = Wyatt Earp Syndrome = Hero = FOOL ! Join Legislative Branch = Buy a City [ Boss Hogg ]= Enlist in Armed Service = Become a LEO ....... End Thoughts ?

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    kyleplusitunes wrote:

IMHO ; Targeton ones back = Wyatt Earp Syndrome = Hero = FOOL ! Join Legislative Branch = Buy a City [ Boss Hogg]= Enlist in Armed Service = Become a LEO ....... End Thoughts ?
    More thoughts: Peanut butter=no ask/no tell

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

Yes, you're right. Go for it.

You already know what you're going to do. Why did you even post? Just go do it.

What's the matter, afraid to go it alone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shallow thought process and utter lack of wisdom being posted lately is disturbing.

Post imported post

did I imply I wouldn't go there unarmed? if so, I didn't mean to. there isn't a place in genessee county I would not go unarmed, this includes north of the river, as I spent most of my late teens and early 20's doing exactly that.

so again, just for clarification, anywhere that has armed guards is someplace we should not open carry, correct?

does this include jewelry stores? most of them in flint also have uniformed armed guards.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    did I imply I wouldn't go there unarmed? if so, I didn't mean to. there isn't a place in genessee county I would not go unarmed, this includes north of the river, as I spent most of my late teens and early 20's doing exactly that.

so again, just for clarification, anywhere that has armed guards is someplace we should not open carry, correct?

does this include jewelry stores? most of them in flint also have uniformed armed guards.
    Kyle it is your right to go where you want. Now if it is a wise choice or not is open for debate. If I am on my into a store and there is a Brinks crew loadind or unloading I either wait for them to clear the area before I go in or go somewhere else. Why? To avoid any misunderstandings that might lead to gunfire. They may view my sidearm as a threat to them, so if I have a choice in the matter why risk my safety, or others in the area?
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

glock, while I do not entirely disagree with your statement, replace the word "brinks" with LEO or citizen, reread statement, do you still agree with what you said?

Post imported post

No - just as with anything in life there are special situations that require special care. I think I understand why you want to go there. I just think others may see you going there as "asking for trouble" if you know in your heart that's not the case, then go, and don't worry about what anybody says here.

P.S. if you do get in a jam there be prepared for endless " I told you so" that you'll get here. Myself excluded of course.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Burton...n/432133270653

Doesn't look like that rough of a place? The food looks really, really, (I'm hungry now, in case you can't tell) good in the pics!

But then, I hang out in Detroit from time to time:P

Maybe we should do an OC "coney Island hopping" trip one of these weekends? Make it an coordinated event in multiple counties?

Post imported post

Get that CPL yet G9mmOS?

Many Coney's serve beer....

Post imported post

Take the class on the 5th (1st avail. in area); if it's a place that serves I'd just leave it in the car as I did in Canton. If we made this an OC event, we very well could get their permission as I'm sure they would like the added business...one would think?

They most dangerous weapon in my arsenal is my brain! :P

UPDATE just called Starlite THEY DO NOT SERVE ALCOHOL !

So non CPL OC would be ok if the owner does not object.

dougwg wrote:
    Get that CPL yet G9mmOS?

Many Coney's serve beer....

Post imported post

I live less than 1/2 mile from Starlite and I've walked in OCing on a few occasions at night on a weekend to pick up a carry-out order with no issues.

Yeah, they have 'armed guards' on Friday and Saturday nights... but big deal...90% of the time they are too busy hitting on the girls there to worry about me. Those rent-a-cops aren't worth the gum stuck under the tables. Also, to reaffirm what was already mentioned, no, they do not serve any form of alcohol.

I know who the owner is, next time I'm there I'll ask him about OCing. I've talked to him before, just on a personal level, he's a pretty good guy.

BTW, other places near by that I have been to OCing have been Kroger, Admiral, 7-11, Rite-Aid and Banana Boat (an ice cream place...HIGHLY recommended...if you order a large banana split, better have 3-4 other people to help you!) All of these places had no issues.

If anyone wants to meet up sometime, let me know!

Captn---

Post imported post

captnkirk wrote:
    I live less than 1/2 mile from Starlite and I've walked in OCing on a few occasions at night on a weekend to pick up a carry-out order with no issues.

Yeah, they have 'armed guards' on Friday and Saturday nights... but big deal...90% of the time they are too busy hitting on the girls there to worry about me. Those rent-a-cops aren't worth the gum stuck under the tables. Also, to reaffirm what was already mentioned, no, they do not serve any form of alcohol.

I know who the owner is, next time I'm there I'll ask him about OCing. I've talked to him before, just on a personal level, he's a pretty good guy.

BTW, other places near by that I have been to OCing have been Kroger, Admiral, 7-11, Rite-Aid and Banana Boat (an ice cream place...HIGHLY recommended...if you order a large banana split, better have 3-4 other people to help you!) All of these places had no issues.

If anyone wants to meet up sometime, let me know!

Captn---
    Thanks for the info. Capt. - Glock out!

Post imported post

I'd be into meeting up, I live downtown

Post imported post

Cool. As I said, I'm just down the road from there...close to Center and Leith.

Whenever you like, let me know.

Captn---

Post imported post

I am on Branch Road. Sounds fun!

Post imported post

My sister lives near there and last week I OC'd in there to meet up with my parents. We all sat there and I was sitting so the whole room could see my 1911 at 5oclock and only heard one person comment. He was telling someone "it's ok....It's legal to carry a gun like that" We sat there for several hours catching up cuzz parents just got into town from Wintering in South Texas......I talked to the one waitress about it cuzz she's my sis's BFF and she said it's all good there......so enjoy :celebrate
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....