• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starlight diner flint mi, center & davison roads.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I kind of want to oc at the starlight in flint on a Saturday night, third shift they have 2 armed guards walking the joint, i am curious if they would allow me or anyone in there with a lawful weapon?

has anyone tried, or would anyone care to join me? I'll buy.

1245A Defender

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
I kind of want to oc at the starlight in flint on a Saturday night, third shift they have 2 armed guards walking the joint, i am curious if they would allow me or anyone in there with a lawful weapon?

ya i wanna come!! i was gonna go on a camp out and shoot here in washington.
but if youll pay the airfare and put me up for the night,,,,, im there;)

Beerme

Banned
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

kyle
Oc there
and the worst they can do is ask you to conceal it or leave
not sure why you are afraid to OC there thats all they can do

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Morons.....

If the place NEEDS armed guards posted, why the hell would you EVER want to go there?

Do you want to get in a shootout?

Do you want to shoot someone?

Do you want to get shot?

Would you let your wife go there alone?

Would you let your child go there alone?

Where are your heads people?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Morons.....

If the place NEEDS armed guards posted, why the hell would you EVER want to go there?

Do you want to get shot?

Exactly.

I've been to Starlite, aka Star-Fight, aka Start-A-Fight, a few times and it's not a place to test the OC waters, especially late at night or early morning hours (bar rush). Lagarda Security, just down the road, has been filling their armed security needs for at least nine years that I know of...So, it's not something new. I would imagine however, that OC there during the day would probably be the way to go.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBX_Y0BmdM

Contrary to Captain Clueless in the vid, the guardsare not LEO's.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

by that logic, I should not carry in flint city limits at all since they needed to up police patrols and were debating on calling in the national guard to try to slow down crime?

is this what I am gathering? I shouldn't carry in places where I may need to defend myself, correct?

sevenplusone

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Morons.....

Do you want to get shot?

Yeah. That.

If it's a place you wouldn't go unarmed, but would if you have your gun you shouldn't be going at all. Then gun should not make that decision for you.

taxwhat

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
by that logic, I should not carry in flint city limits at all since they needed to up police patrols and were debating on calling in the national guard to try to slow down crime?

is this what I am gathering? I shouldn't carry in places where I may need to defend myself, correct?
IMHO ; Targeton ones back = Wyatt Earp Syndrome = Hero = FOOL ! Join Legislative Branch = Buy a City [ Boss Hogg ]= Enlist in Armed Service = Become a LEO ....... End Thoughts ?

Francesco Bernz

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

IMHO ; Targeton ones back = Wyatt Earp Syndrome = Hero = FOOL ! Join Legislative Branch = Buy a City [ Boss Hogg]= Enlist in Armed Service = Become a LEO ....... End Thoughts ?
More thoughts: Peanut butter=no ask/no tell

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:

Yes, you're right. Go for it.

You already know what you're going to do. Why did you even post? Just go do it.

What's the matter, afraid to go it alone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shallow thought process and utter lack of wisdom being posted lately is disturbing.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

did I imply I wouldn't go there unarmed? if so, I didn't mean to. there isn't a place in genessee county I would not go unarmed, this includes north of the river, as I spent most of my late teens and early 20's doing exactly that.

so again, just for clarification, anywhere that has armed guards is someplace we should not open carry, correct?

does this include jewelry stores? most of them in flint also have uniformed armed guards.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
did I imply I wouldn't go there unarmed? if so, I didn't mean to. there isn't a place in genessee county I would not go unarmed, this includes north of the river, as I spent most of my late teens and early 20's doing exactly that.

so again, just for clarification, anywhere that has armed guards is someplace we should not open carry, correct?

does this include jewelry stores? most of them in flint also have uniformed armed guards.

Kyle it is your right to go where you want. Now if it is a wise choice or not is open for debate. If I am on my into a store and there is a Brinks crew loadind or unloading I either wait for them to clear the area before I go in or go somewhere else. Why? To avoid any misunderstandings that might lead to gunfire. They may view my sidearm as a threat to them, so if I have a choice in the matter why risk my safety, or others in the area?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

glock, while I do not entirely disagree with your statement, replace the word "brinks" with LEO or citizen, reread statement, do you still agree with what you said?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No - just as with anything in life there are special situations that require special care. I think I understand why you want to go there. I just think others may see you going there as "asking for trouble" if you know in your heart that's not the case, then go, and don't worry about what anybody says here.;)

P.S. if you do get in a jam there be prepared for endless " I told you so" that you'll get here. Myself excluded of course.:D

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Take the class on the 5th (1st avail. in area); if it's a place that serves I'd just leave it in the car as I did in Canton. If we made this an OC event, we very well could get their permission as I'm sure they would like the added business...one would think?

They most dangerous weapon in my arsenal is my brain! :p

UPDATE just called Starlite THEY DO NOT SERVE ALCOHOL !

So non CPL OC would be ok if the owner does not object.

dougwg wrote:
Get that CPL yet G9mmOS?

Many Coney's serve beer....

captnkirk

imported post

I live less than 1/2 mile from Starlite and I've walked in OCing on a few occasions at night on a weekend to pick up a carry-out order with no issues.

Yeah, they have 'armed guards' on Friday and Saturday nights... but big deal...90% of the time they are too busy hitting on the girls there to worry about me. Those rent-a-cops aren't worth the gum stuck under the tables. Also, to reaffirm what was already mentioned, no, they do not serve any form of alcohol.

I know who the owner is, next time I'm there I'll ask him about OCing. I've talked to him before, just on a personal level, he's a pretty good guy.

BTW, other places near by that I have been to OCing have been Kroger, Admiral, 7-11, Rite-Aid and Banana Boat (an ice cream place...HIGHLY recommended...if you order a large banana split, better have 3-4 other people to help you!) All of these places had no issues.

If anyone wants to meet up sometime, let me know!

Captn---

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

captnkirk wrote:
I live less than 1/2 mile from Starlite and I've walked in OCing on a few occasions at night on a weekend to pick up a carry-out order with no issues.

Yeah, they have 'armed guards' on Friday and Saturday nights... but big deal...90% of the time they are too busy hitting on the girls there to worry about me. Those rent-a-cops aren't worth the gum stuck under the tables. Also, to reaffirm what was already mentioned, no, they do not serve any form of alcohol.

I know who the owner is, next time I'm there I'll ask him about OCing. I've talked to him before, just on a personal level, he's a pretty good guy.

BTW, other places near by that I have been to OCing have been Kroger, Admiral, 7-11, Rite-Aid and Banana Boat (an ice cream place...HIGHLY recommended...if you order a large banana split, better have 3-4 other people to help you!) All of these places had no issues.

If anyone wants to meet up sometime, let me know!

Captn---
Thanks for the info. Capt. - Glock out! ;)