• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In Texas, you can't even OC a tatoo...

okboomer

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=202963&catid=28

Six Flags refuses admission to mom with gun tattoos
NBC -- A 30-year-old mother of three said she was refused entrance into Six Flags Over Texas because of her tattoo.

"We tried to enter, one employee grabbed me and said my chest tattoo was offensive and that I may not be allowed into the park," Osborn said. "I was flabbergasted."

She said the employee told her Six Flags was a family-friendly place.

Osborn told the employee she was the mother of three girls.

"She said it was as offensive as a swastika and that she would sell me a $5 shirt to cover myself up and that they didn't let people with swastikas into Six Flags, and that my tattoo condoned violence," Osborn said.

Six Flags' dress code says park management can deny customers entrance if their clothing is deemed inappropriate or vulgar.

The code does not mention tattoos.

The Osborns, determined to celebrate the birthday, eventually entered the park through another line without being bothered, but the damage had been done.
First bolded statement: is she saying the employee actually PUT HANDS on her? If so, I would definitely have shown him/her that guns are not the only way to inflict violence on someone. NO ONE has the right to put hands on someone else.

Between the second and third bolded statements: this indicates that an employee was imposing their OWN prejudicial interpretation of the company dress code. This seems to actually be a violation of the company's expected enforcement of their stated dress code.

I agree that the company did not do enough to soothe ruffled feathers ... and I do not see why the offending employee should be fired, rather they should be instructed in depth as to what the company dress code is and how to enforce it ... including how to keep your personal opinion out of the decision-making process. IMHO, too small of a person given too much responsibility without proper instruction or supervision.

:what:

PT111

imported post

The part about the $5 shirt sort of tickles me like at my Golf course they require a collared shirt to play. We gets lots of fellows coming down for a golf getaway and quite frequently they will come in with a t-shirt on. The pro will quickly point out the sale rack of shirts with collars for those who left all their collared shirts back at the motel.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

The time to deny entrance is before they take your money, pure case of fraud
and theft by deception.

I got my six shooters covered at six flags and all I had to do was BUY THIS LOUSY T-Shirt! :banghead:
Just wonder how they would react if she grabs her daughter, hugs her to her chest and announces,
"Let me in or the kid gets it" :what:

Should get pre 1900 serial numbers added to the tattoos, and they would get
exempted from CC laws in Texas.:idea:

I guess BHO is right, and the economy has recovered if such an idiot can hold a job,
everyone must be working now.

dviper

imported post

JTHunter wrote:
Hhmm, makes me wonderwhat would happen if a skinhead with a swastika on his head would be allowed in if it was hidden by a ball cap when going through the gate.  If they didn't see it then but did later, would they make him leave?:question:

i worked security at a six flags and yes they have asked people to leave or change shirts if it was deemed offensive. though thats only if its something like nudity or blatantly racist and the swastika would typically be considered racist. honestly though if they made it through the gate we cared more about them keeping their shirts on than about what was on the shirt.

dviper

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
and theft by deception.

I guess BHO is right, and the economy has recovered if such an idiot can hold a job,
everyone must be working now.

if its set up like the one i used to work at the security gate is after the ticket takers where we scan for knives and guns. we also had large signs at the ticket takers with park policies such as dress code, 30.06 sign, etc.

as for the idiot working there, its six flags. the only requirements were ged/diploma and 18 trips around the sun. sea world at least required i believe 2 or 2 and a half years experience. so lots of people there because the entry level pay was a dollar or so better than the most other things and people who were in it to feel powerful a.k.a. bullies, and i knew lots of them. she just happened to get one of the guys taking six flags waaaaaaaay to seriously.

if i were her i would have asked to speak to their supervisor though going through another line is what most people do to get food in because only half the officers care about anything besides weapons.

she just lost gate roulette and got an @#$% at the other end.

eye95

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
and theft by deception.
I can't speak for the ticket that this lady bought, however most tickets contain a disclaimer on the back, stating that the license that had been granted by the ticket can be revoked by returning the price of the ticket.

PDinDetroit

imported post

PT111 wrote:
The part about the $5 shirt sort of tickles me like at my Golf course they require a collared shirt to play. We gets lots of fellows coming down for a golf getaway and quite frequently they will come in with a t-shirt on. The pro will quickly point out the sale rack of shirts with collars for those who left all their collared shirts back at the motel.
My father, who was a golf professional for 55 years of his life, was a tad more militant. He would often say, "If I owned a Golf Course, each person would be required to read Section I of the Rules of Golf and pass a short test before he would let them on the course".

http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Etiquette/

Never been impressed by Six Flags...

SlackwareRobert

imported post

eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
and theft by deception.
I can't speak for the ticket that this lady bought, however most tickets contain a disclaimer on the back, stating that the license that had been granted by the ticket can be revoked by returning the price of the ticket.
Buy this t-shirt or you don't get in is hardly an offer to return your money.

Is it a coincidence or the fact of sheeple that they removed "The American Way"
from Superman, and this cowardly no gun tattoos policy is implemented
in a park containing his ride.:question:

eye95

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
and theft by deception.
Buy this t-shirt or you don't get in is hardly an offer to return your money.

Is it a coincidence or the fact of sheeple that they removed "The American Way"
from Superman, and this cowardly no gun tattoos policy is implemented
in a park containing his ride.:question:
You do not know that they did not offer to return her money. The next time you buy a ticket to a game or a theme park, turn it over. Read it. It's a contract to which you agree when you buy the ticket. It would be wise to read it.

That being said, it is despicable that they denied this woman access because of her tattoos. I have said so before.

But, do you know what is just as despicable? That some would not ascribe the Liberty to associate with whom they choose to the owners of the park. If you do not like their stance (I don't), then don't do business with them (I won't). However, it is hypocritical to bemoan the apparent loss of Liberty by the tattooed woman, while advocating that the park not be allowed to exercise its own.

Alexcabbie

imported post

This is the park with ads featuring a creepy dancing old man trying to lure kids onto a bus. And they find pictures of revolvers offensive? :banghead:

There are much better venues by which to spend one's entertainment dollar, IMHO.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This freedom to boycott is all well and good, but those who love money love victims.

What happens when all business is unified in denying people food and water if they dare to own guns?

An amusement park is optional.