• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first OC incident

B1911

imported post

I'm moving from Oxford to eastaboga today and well my truck gets 10mpg so I HAD TO stop for fuel , well as I went in to prepay and buy a Drink a older heavy set woman (maybe 65ish) started screaming "oh lord oh lord!" I didn't know what was going on I'm turning to look around and she earthquakes up to me and slaps my chest and says I'm calling 911 !! 911!! You can't have that, refering to my 40cal glock 27 .... is said ma'am its legal for me to have this she then went to the clerk to complain and he said he's fine. ..I was in a hurry so I paid and left didn't have time to teach her

cowboy67

imported post

It is ashame that you did not have the time and knew the PD were OC friendly. You could have had her arrested for battery at the least. She is lucky she wasn't slapping someone with a short fuse. She could have been shot in self defense!

Kirbinator

imported post

cowboy67 wrote:
It is ashame that you did not have the time and knew the PD were OC friendly. You could have had her arrested for battery at the least. She is lucky she wasn't slapping someone with a short fuse. She could have been shot in self defense!
Not exactly... But I can tell you that if she makes a motion like she's going to slap, she will find herself pinned against the floor when she does it to the wrong person. Of course, you have to keep aware and look at what the other hand is doing.

Basically, you have to be proactive. "STOP! DO NOT TOUCH ME!" When she moves to slap your chest, you move off-center, bat the arm down, get behind her while turning 180, grab the wrist and push up and forward and sweep down. She'll be thrown off-balance and into the floor. Then you pin the arm with a twist to keep her from moving along with your weight, and tell the clerk to call 911. And don't let her up until the cop walks in.

And spend two hours dealing with the mess. Because a 65-year old woman doesn't have sense enough to keep her hands to herself.

cowboy67

imported post

Kirbinator wrote:
cowboy67 wrote:
Not exactly... But I can tell you that if she makes a motion like she's going to slap, she will find herself pinned against the floor when she does it to the wrong person. Of course, you have to keep aware and look at what the other hand is doing.

Basically, you have to be proactive. "STOP! DO NOT TOUCH ME!" When she moves to slap your chest, you move off-center, bat the arm down, get behind her while turning 180, grab the wrist and push up and forward and sweep down. She'll be thrown off-balance and into the floor. Then you pin the arm with a twist to keep her from moving along with your weight, and tell the clerk to call 911. And don't let her up until the cop walks in.

And spend two hours dealing with the mess. Because a 65-year old woman doesn't have sense enough to keep her hands to herself.
LOL, Yeah, what you said. I was waiting for the next line I read to say spin around with a round house kick to the hea. I guess I ahve been watching too many Saturday afternoon karate marathons. LOL

Kirbinator

imported post

cowboy67 wrote:
LOL, Yeah, what you said. I was waiting for the next line I read to say spin around with a round house kick to the head. I guess I have been watching too many Saturday afternoon karate marathons. LOL
Well, I didn't train in karate. While you could go that particular route, the avoid-and-pin angle works better than anticipating the attack and striking/kicking. You're up against the same sort of things as the police with self-defense, except that you can't go one level higher. You can't meet fist with gun. You can meet knife with gun. You can meet gun with gun and pulled trigger. Kicking the crap out of someone because they touched/hit/slapped you just doesn't work as well as controlling the motion and summarily pinning the person, which removes you from harm and keeps them in place until the police arrive.

Let me restate that again: if you successfully pin a person, do NOT let them up until law enforcement arrives. If they have assaulted you, do not let them up until law enforcement can handcuff them. Otherwise they could assault you again. It's going to be bad enough that you have a pistol on your side. You could be charged with carrying a pistol while fighting. But with the other individual on the ground, it's obvious who the aggressor was. And remember, the other person is always "such a good person" who "would never do anything to anyone."

The previous story where a guy had someone try to disarm him in a big box store is of dubious integrity. But it does highlight that firearms retention opens another avenue of self-defense. If someone walks up and tries to take your gun, you're within your rights to retain it by force. And since it is a deadly weapon, your life may be at risk if they succeed in taking your weapon.

Kirbinator

imported post

solidsnake.45 wrote:
I'm moving from Oxford to eastaboga today and well my truck gets 10mpg so I HAD TO stop for fuel , well as I went in to prepay and buy a Drink. a older heavy set woman (maybe 65ish) started screaming "oh lord oh lord!" I didn't know what was going on I'm turning to look around and she earthquakes up to me and slaps my chest and says I'm calling 911 !! 911!! You can't have that, refering to my 40cal glock 27 .... is said ma'am its legal for me to have this she then went to the clerk to complain and he said he's fine. ..I was in a hurry so I paid and left didn't have time to teach her
Here's another thing to think about -- often people who make such statements don't know the law OR they are projecting their fears or aspirations on others. By saying "you can't have that" she is saying that SHE can't have that. Perhaps the individual is mentally handicapped and doesn't know or understand the complex legal system. Perhaps the individual simply doesn't have an education or isn't smart enough to understand the law.

We're all here because we harbor some strange belief that it's legal to openly carry a firearm in public. We've all come to this opinion through educated consideration of the law and the attorney general's opinions and court cases. Not everyone can understand law.

Dianosis

imported post

Sounds like she wasn't that worried or frightened of you to approach an armed man to administer a Ric Flair chop across the chest. Wooooooooooooo!

B1911

imported post

Story got better today!! It turns out that lady knows my aunt, I have no freaking clue who she is but she called my aunt to "tell on me " for having a gun and MAKE ME get rid of it lmao she didn't know of oc laws but is one of those people who hate guns .... my aunt who really doesn't care for firearms much either but is Well aware of open carry laws took up for me. ...I think I want to invite her to a BBQ ;) jk

Kirbinator

imported post

solidsnake.45 wrote:
Story got better today!! It turns out that lady knows my aunt, I have no freaking clue who she is but she called my aunt to "tell on me " for having a gun and MAKE ME get rid of it lmao she didn't know of oc laws but is one of those people who hate guns .... my aunt who really doesn't care for firearms much either but is Well aware of open carry laws took up for me. ...I think I want to invite her to a BBQ ;) jk
You might want to do her a favor and talk your aunt into calling her and explain that if she makes contact with another person who is legally armed, that any attempt to touch the person could be considered a threat and she might find herself seriously injured as a result of a lawful self-defense.

B1911

imported post

I've said all that I needed to her including laying a hand on another person, she still holds her hatred tward guns and be in the dark about other people's rights