• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what would u do in this hostage situation?

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

29251_1378426834409_1644051764_906245_2061876_n.jpg

cshoff

imported post

Where am I? What kind of weaponry do I have at my disposal? Who else is around and what is their relationship to the situation? What kind of cover and/or concealment is available and is the hostage taker aware of my presence? What mitigating factors exist that have clarified to me that the hostage taker is, indeed, the bad guy here?

If all of those variables become known, then I might be able to provide some type of response on my possible actions.

Aaron1124

imported post

The hostage taker is, in fact, Sonny Puzikas. He's on my Facebook friends list, and I thought he looked familiar. He has that exact picture up. Sonny is a legit bada$$ and former Spetsnaz operator.

He teaches classes as Progressive Combat.

Here's another one of him in class

31301_1388179078209_1644051764_929679_7268727_n.jpg

Beerme

Banned
imported post

can someone please define operator for me
I have seen it used to describe people who wish they were millitary
people who are millitary and people who were
id like to know what it means haha

tdbarge

imported post

pull out my "layzer" attached to my weapon and scare the badey away!!!!

And as for that other picture, isn't dancing with a weapon a bad thing? Gun play and all that? ;)

Aaron1124

imported post

Beerme wrote:
It was a term I used to let people know what he's done. It's also commonly used when describing his service. The word "Operator" would be an operative who carries out operations for military or paramilitary organizations.

"Mr. Puzikas is a highly skilled operator gaining his experience from the special purpose unit (Spetsnaz) in USSR MVD. He has received extensive specialized training in small unit special tactics, urban and mountainous terrain warfare, crowd/ riot control, small arms (domestic and foreign), demolitions, survival in hostile environment and CQB. Extensive training on subject of physical security of top level military nuclear installations and specialized instructor course on subject of terrorism and anti-terrorism. Participated in several special operations. Sonny was born and raised in former Soviet Union. His Formal training started in 1977 with Sonny training in Judo. From 1980 through 1985 Sonny studied Kiokushinkai formally, Sambo, Muai Thai and boxing in informal “basement” settings. Notable in Soviet Union instructors were his guides, including 2 USSR champions in full contact Karate and assistant coach for Soviet Olympic Judo team.
Sonny entered military service in late 1980’s and after the basic training was chosen for service in special purpose unit of Soviet MVD (Ministry of Internal Affairs). The reality of violence was exposed from a very different perspective with many revelations and learning experiences coming not only from very intense and brutal training regiment, but also from operational deployments to central Asia and Caucasus regions with his Spetsnaz unit, as well as work in some correctional institutions in Siberia and Far East. Extensive interaction with personnel from special purpose units from KGB, GRU and other entities provided opportunities to learn and polish new skills in areas of armed and unarmed combat, tactics and field craft, fighting methods based on native Russian combat arts. After the military service Sonny traveled extensively throughout Russia and Middle East providing protective services."

zack991

imported post

Beerme wrote:
I have seen it used to describe people who wish they were military
people who are military and people who were
Someone who is a skillful tactician-er in warfare. The only person/s I would referrer to as a operator is someone who is in the special forces community period. Yes there are those who are Infantry as myself, but the skill set we have is no where close to those of the special forces.

Dreamer

imported post

Beerme wrote:

I think what these folks are trying to say in a glorified, "fluff it up" sort of way is that "operator" is just a spiffy term for a mercenary.

Let's be honest here folks...

"Operators" tend to have extensive military or tactical training. They tend to have experience as "special forces" in the military, and often have extensive combat experience. The tend to be employed by the "intelligence community" or private contractors, and are the people who are called on to preform certain tasks that are too morally distasteful, illegal, or politically sensitive to use official military troops.

"Operators" are what the term "plausible deniability" was created to describe...

Let's be honest here folks. There are dirty jobs, and someone has to do them. When Haliburton, Goldman Sachs, KBR, Dyncorp, Lockheed Martin or BP says a job needs to be done, they are going to call the "best", an the "best" are often people like this--folks who are trained in the sociopathic killing, mayhem creation and overall destructive behavior that, when done under the guise of "operations" is OK, but when the same acts, done for the same reason, by the same kinds of people but working for governments or organizations that are not "on the team" (meaning they aren't signatories to the IMF or aren't part of the international military-industrial complex) they are labeled "terrorists"...

But let's be honest here folks. The only REAL difference between an "operator", a "terrorist", and a serial killer is where they get their paycheck...

An "operator" is simply a VERY well-trained and effective sociopath with official sanction and a lot of really cool toys...

And you've got to understand exactly what Spetznaz was. We have no functional equivalent here in the US. Spetsnaz was essentially an elite paramilitary unit that was NOT under the Soviet Ministry of Defense. They were under the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which is sort of like a combination of the CIA and the State Department here in the US. Spetsnaz was essentially the enforcement arm of the Soviet Intelligence community. Here in the US, when the Intelligence community wants to cause mayhem abroad, or harass or assassinate people, they usually hire mercs. The Soviets felt it was much more controllable to just have an officially-sanctioned paramilitary unit for those tasks. So they were, for all intents and purposes, state-sponsored mercenaries.

Imagine the baddest SEAL team you can thing of, and then turn them loose on the citizens of the USA as a force for intimidation, propaganda, enforcement, and false flag operations, and you've got the basic idea behind Spetsnaz...

Aaron1124

imported post

Actually, Spetsnaz can be under Federal Security Service (FSB) or Internal Troops of Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.

I'll paste your comments to Sonny himself and see what his opinions are. I chat with him on Facebook.

Aaron1124

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Beerme wrote:

I think what these folks are trying to say in a glorified, "fluff it up" sort of way is that "operator" is just a spiffy term for a mercenary.

Let's be honest here folks...

"Operators" tend to have extensive military or tactical training. They tend to have experience as "special forces" in the military, and often have extensive combat experience. The tend to be employed by the "intelligence community" or private contractors, and are the people who are called on to preform certain tasks that are too morally distasteful, illegal, or politically sensitive to use official military troops.

"Operators" are what the term "plausible deniability" was created to describe...

Let's be honest here folks. There are dirty jobs, and someone has to do them. When Haliburton, Goldman Sachs, KBR, Dyncorp, Lockheed Martin or BP says a job needs to be done, they are going to call the "best", an the "best" are often people like this--folks who are trained in the sociopathic killing, mayhem creation and overall destructive behavior that, when done under the guise of "operations" is OK, but when the same acts, done for the same reason, by the same kinds of people but working for governments or organizations that are not "on the team" (meaning they aren't signatories to the IMF or aren't part of the international military-industrial complex) they are labeled "terrorists"...

But let's be honest here folks. The only REAL difference between an "operator", a "terrorist", and a serial killer is where they get their paycheck...

An "operator" is simply a VERY well-trained and effective sociopath with official sanction and a lot of really cool toys...

And you've got to understand exactly what Spetznaz was. We have no functional equivalent here in the US. Spetsnaz was essentially an elite paramilitary unit that was NOT under the Soviet Ministry of Defense. They were under the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which is sort of like a combination of the CIA and the State Department here in the US. Spetsnaz was essentially the enforcement arm of the Soviet Intelligence community. Here in the US, when the Intelligence community wants to cause mayhem abroad, or harass or assassinate people, they usually hire mercs. The Soviets felt it was much more controllable to just have an officially-sanctioned paramilitary unit for those tasks. So they were, for all intents and purposes, state-sponsored mercenaries.

Imagine the baddest SEAL team you can thing of, and then turn them loose on the citizens of the USA as a force for intimidation, propaganda, enforcement, and false flag operations, and you've got the basic idea behind Spetsnaz...
Yeah, these guys are real sociopaths.

29802_1361936262155_1644051764_874030_4184178_n.jpg

Dreamer

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Actually, Spetsnaz can be under Federal Security Service (FSB) or Internal Troops of Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.

I'll paste your comments to Sonny himself and see what his opinions are. I chat with him on Facebook.

You do that...

And while you're at it, ask him about the REAL story behind Georgia event of 2008, or Beslan (2004), unless you're worried you might end up like Alexander Litvinenko for bringing up that "touchy" topic...

Don't get me wrong. When it comes to people like this, I'd rather they were doing their deeds under the auspices of a government than acting as "freelancers", because at least this way there is some overseeing body to keep them reigned in.

But mercs are mercs, and the fact is that just like the CIA's "black ops", groups like Spetsnaz are just the "enforcer" arms of the people who really "pull the strings" of international intrigue, and I'm not talking about the people in the capitol buildings.

I don't hate the players, but I do hate the bigger "game" because 99% of the time it has nothing to do with the "official story" in these sort of operations. History has shown that nearly EVERY "covert op" was actually put into motion to meet some sort of totalitarian agenda--NOT to increase freedom or liberty--and the real faces behind such actions are only interested increasing their own personal power and further oppressing the people of this planet.

Actually, I sort of pity these "operators" because most of them are actually very patriotic, honorable, and dedicated. The fact that they have been duped into acting as agent provocateurs for the "real powers" is sort of sad. Imagine what these highly-motivated and expertly trained troops could do if they were working for people who actually valued liberty, freedom and individual freedom...

Personally, I think we should pull our troops out of Afghanistan, and re-station them in Manhattan, so they can start doing "door to doors" there, and rounding up the REAL terrorists...