Thread: had a conserned citizen follow me.

Post imported post

Since my back operation I have been taking daily walks. I OC on my walks. It was kind of rainy out so the CZ was in it button down original holster. I was walking up to a friends house who dose leather work. I am making a shoulder holster. It is about 2 miles away. About half way there a white older buick passed me then stopped just past me. The driver and passenger started pointing and talking then the passenger got on the cell phone.After thatthey pulled on to a dead end street and obviously watch me walk by. this continued for 5 blocks. Then the county sheriff drove by I waved and he waved back. The sheriff just moved over when he passed me didn't slow down. After the sheriff turned the corner I smiled and waved to the white car. They shook there heads, gave me a disgusted look and drove off.

Post imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
    Since my back operation I have been taking daily walks. I OC on my walks. It was kind of rainy out so the CZ was in it button down original holster. I was walking up to a friends house who dose leather work. I am making a shoulder holster. It is about 2 miles away. About half way there a white older buick passed me then stopped just past me. The driver and passenger started pointing and talking then the passenger got on the cell phone.After thatthey pulled on to a dead end street and obviously watch me walk by. this continued for 5 blocks. Then the county sheriff drove by I waved and he waved back. The sheriff just moved over when he passed me didn't slow down. After the sheriff turned the corner I smiled and waved to the white car. They shook there heads, gave me a disgusted look and drove off.
    Nice.

It's a great thing when LEO acknowledges anti stupidity for what it is.

Hope your back gets better, and yeah.

Always Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

Be honest now. You were really heading to an elementary school weren't you?! And the law-abiding couple stopped you just in time!

Seriously though, nice job. Kill em with kindness. And hope your back gets better!

Post imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
    Semper Paratus wrote:
    Nice.

Always Prepared
    Yep, it is very nice. Unfortunately, I believe they're required to respond to calls, even if it's just a law abiding citizen casually minding his own. It's a shame they have to waste their time to even come out.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    slowfiveoh wrote:
    Semper Paratus wrote:
    Nice.

Always Prepared
    Yep, it is very nice. Unfortunately, I believe they're required to respond to calls, even if it's just a law abiding citizen casually minding his own. It's a shame they have to waste their time to even come out.
    No they are not required to respond, the 911 might need some training. I happen to over hear someone calling 911 on me at DOL and they never responded.

By the onesided conversation I could almost gather that the operator had been properly trained for MWAG calls.

Good job kudos for you for open carrying and kudos for the Sheriff for not harrassing you for following the law.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

This would be a great 911 call to request via the FOIA and post.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    How do I go about doing this?

Post imported post

Knowingthe Smart A$$I am, I would have called the cops on them for stalking me. Then I would have stood by to watch who actually ended up having their time wasted with Q&A.....

Post imported post

Sheriff Ozzie has his people trained well. No one should get any grief from the Spokane County Sheriffs Office. Spokane Police have a ways to go, but even they are getting it slowly but surly.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    Spokane Police have a ways to go, but even they are getting it slowly but surly.
    Now that's a funny typo!

Hoplophobia is a social disease.

Post imported post

Freudian slip, LOL
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    How do I go about doing this?
    http://www.spokanecounty.org/911/content.aspx?c=1035

All the information should be on the site. FOIA requests are ususally pretty informal, you just need as much information as possible, time, date, location, etc...

You may have to pay a nominal amount, you may not, it just depends.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

My friend's apartment complex is right next to a middle school, in particular their running track and football field.

We were packing for a shooting trip, and I had my AR15 slung over my back because I was putting range bags in the back of my truck.

Some middle school kids jogged by, they must have been on a PE period or something. Also, a city PD was parked in the road next to it looking for speeders in the school zone.

I waved to the kids, they waved at me. I went to the range.

EDIT: Yeah, the PD saw me. I don't think he gave much of a hoot. And yes, the AR was unloaded. My CCW wasn't though.

EDIT AGAIN: I know someone's gonna be like "500ft SCHOOL ZONE ARGHHH!111" There is a BIG SIGN right where I parked that says something to the effect of "No firearms within school property, unless you are IN THIS APARTMENT COMPLEX'S PARKING LOT." So there you have it.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill