• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

had a conserned citizen follow me.

Semper Paratus

imported post

Since my back operation I have been taking daily walks. I OC on my walks. It was kind of rainy out so the CZ was in it button down original holster. I was walking up to a friends house who dose leather work. I am making a shoulder holster. It is about 2 miles away. About half way there a white older buick passed me then stopped just past me. The driver and passenger started pointing and talking then the passenger got on the cell phone.After thatthey pulled on to a dead end street and obviously watch me walk by. this continued for 5 blocks. Then the county sheriff drove by I waved and he waved back. The sheriff just moved over when he passed me didn't slow down. After the sheriff turned the corner I smiled and waved to the white car. They shook there heads, gave me a disgusted look and drove off.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
Since my back operation I have been taking daily walks. I OC on my walks. It was kind of rainy out so the CZ was in it button down original holster. I was walking up to a friends house who dose leather work. I am making a shoulder holster. It is about 2 miles away. About half way there a white older buick passed me then stopped just past me. The driver and passenger started pointing and talking then the passenger got on the cell phone.After thatthey pulled on to a dead end street and obviously watch me walk by. this continued for 5 blocks. Then the county sheriff drove by I waved and he waved back. The sheriff just moved over when he passed me didn't slow down. After the sheriff turned the corner I smiled and waved to the white car. They shook there heads, gave me a disgusted look and drove off.
Nice.

It's a great thing when LEO acknowledges anti stupidity for what it is.

Hope your back gets better, and yeah.

Always Prepared

skiingislife725

imported post

Be honest now. You were really heading to an elementary school weren't you?! And the law-abiding couple stopped you just in time!

Seriously though, nice job. Kill em with kindness. And hope your back gets better!

Aaron1124

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Semper Paratus wrote:
Nice.

Always Prepared
Yep, it is very nice. Unfortunately, I believe they're required to respond to calls, even if it's just a law abiding citizen casually minding his own. It's a shame they have to waste their time to even come out.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:
Semper Paratus wrote:
Nice.

Always Prepared
Yep, it is very nice. Unfortunately, I believe they're required to respond to calls, even if it's just a law abiding citizen casually minding his own. It's a shame they have to waste their time to even come out.
No they are not required to respond, the 911 might need some training. I happen to over hear someone calling 911 on me at DOL and they never responded.

By the onesided conversation I could almost gather that the operator had been properly trained for MWAG calls.

Good job kudos for you for open carrying and kudos for the Sheriff for not harrassing you for following the law.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

Knowingthe Smart A$$I am, I would have called the cops on them for stalking me. Then I would have stood by to watch who actually ended up having their time wasted with Q&A.....:lol:

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Sheriff Ozzie has his people trained well. No one should get any grief from the Spokane County Sheriffs Office. Spokane Police have a ways to go, but even they are getting it slowly but surly.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
This would be a great 911 call to request via the FOIA and post.
How do I go about doing this?

http://www.spokanecounty.org/911/content.aspx?c=1035

All the information should be on the site. FOIA requests are ususally pretty informal, you just need as much information as possible, time, date, location, etc...

You may have to pay a nominal amount, you may not, it just depends.

killchain

imported post

My friend's apartment complex is right next to a middle school, in particular their running track and football field.

We were packing for a shooting trip, and I had my AR15 slung over my back because I was putting range bags in the back of my truck.

Some middle school kids jogged by, they must have been on a PE period or something. Also, a city PD was parked in the road next to it looking for speeders in the school zone.

I waved to the kids, they waved at me. I went to the range.

EDIT: Yeah, the PD saw me. I don't think he gave much of a hoot. And yes, the AR was unloaded. My CCW wasn't though. ;)

EDIT AGAIN: I know someone's gonna be like "500ft SCHOOL ZONE ARGHHH!111" There is a BIG SIGN right where I parked that says something to the effect of "No firearms within school property, unless you are IN THIS APARTMENT COMPLEX'S PARKING LOT." So there you have it.