• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holster for Walther PPS

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey everyone!

I just sold my Glock 19 to a buddy, and bought myself a Walther PPS 9mm. The Glock was too fat for me, and I think this Walther will be awesome. Now I just need help with a holster...

So any suggestions for an OC holster? Here's what I was considering:

Fobus Evolution Roto Holster (Paddle or Belt...prob paddle) http://www.fobusholster.com/products/WALTHER_PPS_EVOLUTION_ROTO_HOLSTER_PADDLE-2696-281.html

Or I was looking at some of these for CC, and maybe they would work decent for OC as well?

http://ttgunleather.com/catalog/i63.html
http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=44

If you carry a Walther PPS...please post pics with your holster for me!

Marco

imported post

I have a Mitch Rosen express line 5J Pres (no thumb strap)that I got in a trade, it holds close to the body.

attachment.php

richarcm

imported post

I had the same gun last year. Holsters aren't easy to find for it. You really just have to do some online searches and patiently search through your local gun shows and gun shops.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ordered the Fobus holster. Should work good enough for OC, and if i get an OWB leather holster, that might work as well (I hate tucking in my shirt, so as long as I can just tuck that part behind the gun).

open4years

imported post

I also have a PPS, in .40 and I use a Galco leather pancake holster. That is until Serpa makes one for it! But, it does look nice in the Galco holster. But, for OC I believe in locking holsters.

Michigun

imported post

FYI, there is a long list of holsters for PPS' over at PPSTalk.com

ElW75

imported post

I got a great holster for my PPS from Comp Tac, took a few weeks, but it is comfortable for all day wear IWB. I know they make OWB and they make each holster custom for the firearm and carry style. Also, Blackhawk makes some good single-stack mag carriers, I use two of them for my spares, about 25 bucks each and fits like a glove.

Michigander

imported post

For OC, I can't suggest strongly enough level 2 or 3 retention unless you're really in the middle of no where. No Serpas appear to be available, so I strongly suggest you try and find a Safariland hoodholster that will fit it. The easiest place to fit test would probably be a uniform store.

Vector

The PPS is for CC only. That's the entire design philosophy of it. I carry one every day for CC. My P99 is for OC. Because of European affection for this model there are TONS of OC options for it. I'm not bashing the little guy, but it just is not intended for OC. There is no all-purpose gun, it is essential to purchase a gun which is intended to fulfill the role you desire. The P99 comes in both .40 and 9mm

Marco

For OC, I can't suggest strongly enough level 2 or 3 retention unless you're really in the middle of no where. No Serpas appear to be available, so I strongly suggest you try and find a Safariland hoodholster that will fit it. The easiest place to fit test would probably be a uniform store.

Is this because there are so many OC'er that are having the firearms taken?

Or because you don't feel comfortable not having a retention system?

A retenion system will not stop someone determined from taking your firearm from you.