Thread: Vacation trip to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach

Post imported post

Will be in Virginia in July. We will be in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach. Will be open carrying as I'm from Indiana and our license to carry is no good in Virginia. What I would like to know is, I plan to carry IWB, is that ok? Also this will be a first for me to open carry for this long of a time. OC is fine in Indiana but I CC 99% of the time. Any problems or anything else I need to know about OC in these areas? Thanks for the help!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

IWB should be fine and welcome to OC and VA. Stay away from schools k-12, courthouses, federal property, detention centers/jails, inside air carrier airport terminal.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Read ChinChin's quote post here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...t=williamsburgabout Williamsburg and let us know how your day goes.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Thanks for the replies. The wife and grandson are looking forward to our trip to your great state!

Post imported post

Possum,

If you have dates, post them if you are interested in a dinner meet-up with some locals. We love meeting new folks and showing off how gun- and OC-friendly Virginians are.

If you are really interested in how IWB carry is looked at, do a search for "Virginia tuck" - it's what we call that method of carry.

And thanks for stimulating the local economy!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Just got back from Colonial Williamsburg. Open carrying the whole time. Not one problem. Even got some dinner there. Very friendly IMO and a couple questions about what I was carrying but none on why.

Post imported post

possum_128 wrote:
    Will be in Virginia in July. We will be in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach...
    Gonna be hot as hell.
    Expect heat-index well into the nineties, if not over 100.

Light colored, loose-fitting clothes.

A gun crammed inside my waistband under those conditions would not be my choice of attire while schlepping through tourist-central.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

You may have a problem in Jamestown settlement. Part is a State Park and Part is Federal.

OC is fine in the Federal section but you can't go in the buildings.
    The State part is off limits unless you have permit. McDonnell may fix this by July He's been kinda busy lately and it must have slipped his mind

Post imported post

Possum...like previous posters stated, we're very OC friendly...worst part of your trip will be the HRBT...try and avoid I-64E during rush hours weekdays and about anytime anymore on weekends.