• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacation trip to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach

possum_128

imported post

Will be in Virginia in July. We will be in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach. Will be open carrying as I'm from Indiana and our license to carry is no good in Virginia. What I would like to know is, I plan to carry IWB, is that ok? Also this will be a first for me to open carry for this long of a time. OC is fine in Indiana but I CC 99% of the time. Any problems or anything else I need to know about OC in these areas? Thanks for the help!

possum_128

imported post

Thanks for the replies. The wife and grandson are looking forward to our trip to your great state!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Possum,

If you have dates, post them if you are interested in a dinner meet-up with some locals. We love meeting new folks and showing off how gun- and OC-friendly Virginians are.

If you are really interested in how IWB carry is looked at, do a search for "Virginia tuck" - it's what we call that method of carry.

And thanks for stimulating the local economy!:lol:

stay safe.

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

Just got back from Colonial Williamsburg. Open carrying the whole time. Not one problem. Even got some dinner there. Very friendly IMO and a couple questions about what I was carrying but none on why.

W.E.G.

imported post

possum_128 wrote:
Will be in Virginia in July. We will be in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach...
Gonna be hot as hell.
Expect heat-index well into the nineties, if not over 100.

Light colored, loose-fitting clothes.

A gun crammed inside my waistband under those conditions would not be my choice of attire while schlepping through tourist-central.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You may have a problem in Jamestown settlement. Part is a State Park and Part is Federal.

OC is fine in the Federal section but you can't go in the buildings.
The State part is off limits unless you have permit. McDonnell may fix this by July:lol::lol::lol::lol: He's been kinda busy lately and it must have slipped his mind