• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Prayer For Our Beloved Veterans

T

TWG2A

imported post

A Prayer for Our Veterans

Eternal and Loving God, we are so thankful for the men and women that You have raised up to serve our country with honor, dignity and commitment in the past and present, in war time and times of peace, in combat or on the home front. We remember them today as they have served with honor, dignity, courage and commitment.

We ask You to bless them in the sacrifices they have made to give of themselves for the cause of freedom. We ask You to surround them and their families with your love and protection as many continue to serve on the front lines.

In their times of loneliness and despair, we ask You to be their unseen hand that will lift them up to see a brighter day. We remember those who have lost their lives in service, and we applaud their selfless acts as well as their families that released them to serve. As You have blessed this nation as the land of the free and the home of the brave, we extend this blessing to every branch of our military, and ask that your continued strength and power be with us in the days ahead.

We thank You that their service has not been in vain, and we salute them with honor today and every day. Believing that You are willing and able to hear and answer, we ask in Jesus Name, Amen.

Billy

imported post

TWG2A ~

Amen to that, sir.

It's my custom to often times pray for the men and women in our Armed Forces, as well as our own veteran brother's-in-Arms, asking God the Father to draw multitudes of these unto Jesus Christ the righteous, Who alone can rescue and justify us by His unmerited favor (grace), richly bestowed upon wretched sinners as we.

There are two encouraging scriptures that came to mind and I'll type them out below.

:D Thanks kindly for your post.

Respectfully submitted,

Billy
Veteran, U.S. Naval Special Warfare

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

-Paul's first letter to Timothy (I Tim. 1:15, KJV)

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

-I Timothy 2:1-6 [KJV]

slowfiveoh

imported post

So,

Do me a favor guys, and think about the following:

Every time I go to the VA hospital I see some kind soul who lost limb, or sanity to wage war on this nations enemies.

I always run into the nicest guys and gals at the canteen when I stop to get a bite.

I see the old men, veterans of wars that many have dismissed and/or forgotten.

I see the warriors of yesteryear trying to get themselves up from their tables through use of a walker or cane, sometimes with an oxygen tank in tow. If they are lucky, they have made it through their anguish with somebody who loved them enough to wait for them, to help them up from that same table.

Raise a glass, and honor, these forgotten or unknown people.

Maybe make today the time you decide to donate to your favorite veterans organization, so that some derelict veteran who has no mental help, no fiscal help, and deals with his life, waiting to die, one paper bag at a time, may find assistance.

Thank you very much!

Jason

zekester

imported post

Just wanted to do a shout out to all the Veterans out there.

Without you and your service and sacrifice, none of this would be possible.

I lost an Uncle in Vietnam, although not the most popular war, he still did his duty for over 21yrs. Thanks Laurence!

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=58119

I am a veteran from the Navy, but didn't do much but set in a tube (submarines) from 78 thru 84, but I want to thank those that came before me and I also want to thank those currently serving in our armed forces.

God Bless each and everyone of you!!

Z

Attached Image (viewed 25 times):

attachment.php

KansasMustang

imported post

A warm, and humble thank you to all who still maintain that this is a recognition day, for my fallen comrades, whether they came home to make their final journey, or fell on the battlefield. I give my humble thanks to all who went before me, and to all those that follow, for the freedoms we still maintain, and for those freedoms we will strive to regain. God Bless America, and God bless and keep those REAL American Heroes that serve our country. And God bless all of you.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Remembering a buddy of mine. He and I were part of a 3 person crew that involved 2 enlisted personnel and 1 officer as a dedicated team. We literally worked elbow to elbow for 2 years.

He made it through everything we went through in Iraq, only to be thrown from the bed of a pickup once he PCS'd to Bliss. The driver was supposed to be the DD. Instead, he went off and drank, and gave Mundy and another one of my buddies a lift back without either apparently knowing he had drank.

mundybiap.jpg

"The Times-Mail
Bedford, Indiana
July 1, 2004

Sgt. Justin Lee Mundy

June 26, 1983 - June 25, 2004

ELLETTSVILLE - Sgt. Justin Lee Mundy, 20, of Ellettsville died Friday in Texas.

He was a member of the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas. He had served in Iraq and Germany."

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Remembering a buddy of mine. He and I were part of a 3 person crew that involved 2 enlisted personnel and 1 officer as a dedicated team. We literally worked elbow to elbow for 2 years.

He made it through everything we went through in Iraq, only to be thrown from the bed of a pickup once he PCS'd to Bliss. The driver was supposed to be the DD. Instead, he went off and drank, and gave Mundy and another one of my buddies a lift back without either apparently knowing he had drank.

mundybiap.jpg

"The Times-Mail
Bedford, Indiana
July 1, 2004

Sgt. Justin Lee Mundy

He was a member of the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas. He had served in Iraq and Germany."
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend & a great American. Prayers inbound.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:

mundybiap.jpg

"The Times-Mail
Bedford, Indiana
July 1, 2004

Sgt. Justin Lee Mundy

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend & a great American. Prayers inbound.
I second the above, and my prayers are inbound as well. I wish he was alive so I could shake his hand. I would also like to shake hands with all of you here, and all the other men and women that served/serve this country that have taken the oath to the constitution with honor, and keep it close. I am so proud of you all.

I was unfortunately discharged from the Navy for medical reasons during boot camp so I was not able to serve as I wanted. My MOS was EOD and I wanted to, so bad, to follow my family in service. My father was in the Navy during Vietnam, and his father was (as my father told me) a "flag man" on D-Day. I'm so proud of the caliber of men from where I come.

Even though I wasn't able to serve, I took the oath. I will stand by it until the day I die. Much like most of the men and women that have taken that same oath.

I will say again, I am so proud of all of you out there that stood/stand behind the oath you took. We are the land of the free BECAUSE of the brave. And you, my fine friends/brother/sisters, are the brave.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

DEFENSOR

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:

mundybiap.jpg

"The Times-Mail
Bedford, Indiana
July 1, 2004

Sgt. Justin Lee Mundy

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a friend due to similar circumstances,(alcohol) going back to Bliss from Juarez on the freeway. Lost two more 3rd Cav buddies in Desert Storm.