• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Prayer For Our Beloved Veterans

T

TWG2A

imported post

A Prayer for Our Veterans

Eternal and Loving God, we are so thankful for the men and women that You have raised up to serve our country with honor, dignity and commitment in the past and present, in war time and times of peace, in combat or on the home front. We remember them today as they have served with honor, dignity, courage and commitment.

We ask You to bless them in the sacrifices they have made to give of themselves for the cause of freedom. We ask You to surround them and their families with your love and protection as many continue to serve on the front lines.

In their times of loneliness and despair, we ask You to be their unseen hand that will lift them up to see a brighter day. We remember those who have lost their lives in service, and we applaud their selfless acts as well as their families that released them to serve. As You have blessed this nation as the land of the free and the home of the brave, we extend this blessing to every branch of our military, and ask that your continued strength and power be with us in the days ahead.

We thank You that their service has not been in vain, and we salute them with honor today and every day. Believing that You are willing and able to hear and answer, we ask in Jesus Name, Amen.

Jayd1981

imported post

Here is probably my favorite poem (not much into poetry). I thought it would be fitting for Memorial Day.

THE FINAL INSPECTION
(Author Unknown)

The soldier stood and faced his God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as brightly as his brass

"Step foward now you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek,
And to my church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No Lord, I guess I ain't,