• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Wegmans Wilkes Barre

EasyXjer

imported post

So here I am on the way to my brothers.I need dogfood for my kids (springer and golden doodle)so i pull into Wegmans in Wilkes Barre. No posted notices on gunsok good. Im carrying my Colt 1911 in belt slide. Go in get dog food, pie, hot coffee and breakfast sandwich slide on up tocheck out getting ready to pay when the cashier asks ifimlaw enforcement. I tell her no just a private citizen. She says and you carry a gun?I say yes maam its perfectly legal. She says well you must have a license, I say no its not needed for open carry only for concealed weapon. She says well have a nice holiday, I tell her enjoy the Memorial day weekend. Great start to my holiday.:)

virginiatuck

imported post

EasyXjer wrote:
So here I am on the way to my brothers.I need dogfood for my kids (springer and golden doodle)so i pull into Wegmans in Wilkes Barre. No posted notices on gunsok good. Im carrying my Colt 1911 in belt slide. Go in get dog food, pie, hot coffee and breakfast sandwich slide on up tocheck out getting ready to pay when the cashier asks ifimlaw enforcement. I tell her no just a private citizen. She says and you carry a gun?I say yes maam its perfectly legal. She says well you must have a license, I say no its not needed for open carry only for concealed weapon. She says well have a nice holiday, I tell her enjoy the Memorial day weekend. Great start to my holiday.:)
Glad to hear you had a fine time at Wegman's.

Are you aware that without a LTCF you can not carry in a vehicle; even unloaded and locked in your trunk, you'd need a LTCF unless you're traveling between certain, specific places? Just making sure you know that, I'm not trying to insult you.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

The sentence in question was not ambiguous, it was right on the mark. The clerk wanted to know if one needed an LTCF for open carry. The response was correct for the question. One could ASSUME that the carrier did not have an LTCF based on the response, but that would be wrong.

Except the WB Twp officer that is stationed there has nodded to me a couple times as he was making rounds.
Must be a rough place if they need a township cop stationed in a supermarket.

EasyXjer

imported post

The store is very nice well stocked and very modern and clean. The mall it is inis also very good. But i was wondering about going in there when I saw the special police parking area. But it is a very good store.

BTJ138

I find it rather amusing when people ask anyone who OC's if they are a LEO. Have all of our citizens forgotten about the Second Amendment?

I think I'd be more inclined to respond with a, "I'm sorry sir/ma'am, but it's really none of your business what I do for a living. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania allows the open carry of a firearm by any individual of appropriate age and non-felon criminal background. If you'd like to know more check out opencarry.org or paopencarry.org. Have a nice day."

Then again, I do tend to be a bit of a sarcastic, yet polite, dick when dealing with people who don't know their own rights or the laws of their state.

Steve in PA

So, by coming back with the line, "It's really none of your business......." do you think this is going to win the hearts and minds of the person you are talking to? More likely than naught they will view you as being a butt-head carrying a gun.

Whether or not they know about their gun rights/laws is another story.

BTJ138

I don't want to win anyone's heart or mind Steve. I'm just a private person who has no interest in educating other people on the laws of the state or their own rights. I understand many others take these opportunities to educate the masses, but I have no interest in being a spokesperson or a teacher. I enjoy speaking with people that have similar views, opinions and hobbies, but that's about all. If someone I did not know were to approach me and ask, "Is that a paddle holster? How do you like it?", I'd be more than willing to spend a few minutes shooting the breeze and getting to know someone new. You may think this sounds ignorant, but that's just my opinion. I am entitled to mine, as you are entitled to yours.

By the way, I'm not trying to be a dick to you, Steve. I'm just giving you my honest response to your comment. Please don't take it offensively.

jahwarrior

I don't want to win anyone's heart or mind Steve. I'm just a private person who has no interest in educating other people on the laws of the state or their own rights. I understand many others take these opportunities to educate the masses, but I have no interest in being a spokesperson or a teacher. I enjoy speaking with people that have similar views, opinions and hobbies, but that's about all. If someone I did not know were to approach me and ask, "Is that a paddle holster? How do you like it?", I'd be more than willing to spend a few minutes shooting the breeze and getting to know someone new. You may think this sounds ignorant, but that's just my opinion. I am entitled to mine, as you are entitled to yours.

By the way, I'm not trying to be a dick to you, Steve. I'm just giving you my honest response to your comment. Please don't take it offensively.

this.

every so often, someone needs to come along and remind everyone that not everyone who OCs is a freaking advocate/activist/spokesman/posterboy for the "Open Carry Movement"; open carry isn't a movement, it's a method of carry.

i've gotten negative feedback from others who OC, including people here, because i choose not to be Mr. Open Carry Educator. whatever; i don't carry to educate the public about the 2A, i carry to defend myself and my family. i could give a **** about being an advocate.

The_Game

I just do it because/when it's comfortable. I've gotten into the habit of tucking my shirts lately, and I'm rarely cool enough to be able to deal with an overshirt just to cover something that doesn't need covering anyhow.

In the winter if I have a jacket on, it gets covered. If I have a baggy shirt on and I don't tuck, it'll end up partially covered.

I am as far from activist as it gets. I just do whatever I find comfortable at the moment.

I still get **** on by other gun owners for being "ONEUH DEM ACTIVISTS HURTIN AHR RAHTS"