• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's

sdrct

imported post

Maybe this has been posted here and I missed it, Cabela's sign at the front door now indicates that legally carried firearms are are acceptable either concealed or open carried.

Chubs2287

imported post

I just posted this somewhere else, but I will copy and paste anyway.

I went to Cabela’s next.

I was confronted by 3 employees. One asked if my gun was loaded. I said yes. He said I had to check my gun in at the front desk. I said the sign on the door says I only have to thatif I am bringing it in for service.

Then the same employee said that OC in CT is not legal. I corrected him again, showing him the CCDL pamphlet, the BOF printout, and talking about the Goldberg case. After that, one of the other employee did say that OC is legal. I let the one employee hang on to my pamphlet and left them all a little more educated. They were pretty nice about the whole thing.

Its funny that this even happened as I just saw another post saying that the sign on the door now says open carry is ok.

sdrct

imported post

This sign looks brand new, and at the bottom it reminds us that Cabela's supports our Second Amendment Rights. Good to see them do it publicly.

When they first opened, the signage appeared to prohibit concealed carry, which changed pretty quickly as I recall.

zekester

imported post

Could someone send me a pic of the sign?...

Need to make sure my local store has it.....thanks....

Z