• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tempe Park Gun Ban

redoctoberz

imported post

I have looked at every park entrance sign in Tempe that I have been to, I have not seen this posted at any of them. Probably a dated webpage.

lowlander91

imported post

Here in Peoria they have the same policy from what ive heard on here it is only no open carry and with ccw it is ok. However when the firearm preemption is made into law it will make it illegal for parks to ban firearms . This is all off memory so correct me if im wrong

AZkopper

imported post

Under currant law (expires July 29th) a municipality can limit firearms to those with CWP's, if the park is less than 1 sq mile in size. It must be posted. Municipalities cannot deny all firearms in parks.

After July 29th, there are no legal restrictions on carryingfirearms in parks, period.

mFonz77

imported post

Lowlander and AZKopper are correct. Park must be posted, and if you have CWP then you can OC (like that makes sense!). Veterans Memorial Park in SV is like that, and I still haven't been ballsy enough to test OCing (I have my CWP). But after July 29 it will not be an issue.

SCJeffro

imported post

Does anyone know if Bolin Memorial Park, across from the Arizona State Capitol is posted or not? I am coming to a rally there on the 12th and want to know if I can OC or CC there... I have a Nevada CCW (as far as I know AZ accepts it in the same capacity as an AZ CWP)

I think either way I should be OK, any input (As far as the research I have done I don't believe there will be an issue.)

Thoreau

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
Does anyone know if Bolin Memorial Park, across from the Arizona State Capitol is posted or not? I am coming to a rally there on the 12th and want to know if I can OC or CC there... I have a Nevada CCW (as far as I know AZ accepts it in the same capacity as an AZ CWP)

I think either way I should be OK, any input (As far as the research I have done I don't believe there will be an issue.)
Permits aside, you should be just fine open carrying there as it does not appear to be posted. If it IS posted, someone should've let the folks at the last two rallies know. I OC'ed happily on the weekend of the 29th there, and again this past weekend without incident. I was definitely NOT alone last weekend either. There had to be a dozens of folks OCing.

And yes, AZ does accept the NV CCW permit, so you can go that route too if you prefer. =)