Thread: Carry question

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

I spent the weekend in your beautiful state (Stayed on Edisto Island to be exact) and hung out a bit in Charleston. As I was on the boat ride to Ft. Sumter, I was thinking.

Now that carry in National Parks is legal, would one be allowed to carry openly inside Ft. Sumter, or would one still be restricted by state laws?

Coming from an OC friendly(ish) state, I wasn't really sure which would take precedent.

Thanks,

-Kyle
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    I spent the weekend in your beautiful state (Stayed on Edisto Island to be exact) and hung out a bit in Charleston. As I was on the boat ride to Ft. Sumter, I was thinking.

Now that carry in National Parks is legal, would one be allowed to carry openly inside Ft. Sumter, or would one still be restricted by state laws?

Coming from an OC friendly(ish) state, I wasn't really sure which would take precedent.

Thanks,

-Kyle
    The way I read the law, you would be restricted by state law. I live in Washington (state) where open carry is legal, no permit or anything. We only have to have a permit for concealed. So I can carry either way if I went to Mt. Ranier. But if I went to a national park in California, I wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun into the state, let alone take it into a national park. I lived in South Carolina many years ago when I was not into guns; just thought I would check and see what's happening there gun wise.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Ruby wrote:
    mcdonalk wrote:
    The way I read the law, you would be restricted by state law. I live in Washington (state) where open carry is legal, no permit or anything. We only have to have a permit for concealed. So I can carry either way if I went to Mt. Ranier. But if I went to a national park in California, I wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun into the state, let alone take it into a national park. I lived in South Carolina many years ago when I was not into guns; just thought I would check and see what's happening there gun wise.
    Wouldn't any federal park in kommifornia be unincorporated land, how could a
    state incorporate land that isn't theirs? So OC would be legal.
    Always wanted to draw down on a giant redwood, now that is BIG GAME! :what:

Is it any wonder I won't step foot in that crazy banana republic. To many crazy laws
    to tempt me into breaking.