• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry question

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

I spent the weekend in your beautiful state (Stayed on Edisto Island to be exact) and hung out a bit in Charleston. As I was on the boat ride to Ft. Sumter, I was thinking.

Now that carry in National Parks is legal, would one be allowed to carry openly inside Ft. Sumter, or would one still be restricted by state laws?

Coming from an OC friendly(ish) state, I wasn't really sure which would take precedent.

Thanks,

-Kyle

Ruby

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
I spent the weekend in your beautiful state (Stayed on Edisto Island to be exact) and hung out a bit in Charleston. As I was on the boat ride to Ft. Sumter, I was thinking.

Now that carry in National Parks is legal, would one be allowed to carry openly inside Ft. Sumter, or would one still be restricted by state laws?

Coming from an OC friendly(ish) state, I wasn't really sure which would take precedent.

Thanks,

-Kyle
The way I read the law, you would be restricted by state law. I live in Washington (state) where open carry is legal, no permit or anything. We only have to have a permit for concealed. So I can carry either way if I went to Mt. Ranier. But if I went to a national park in California, I wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun into the state, let alone take it into a national park. I lived in South Carolina many years ago when I was not into guns; just thought I would check and see what's happening there gun wise.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Ruby wrote:
mcdonalk wrote: The way I read the law, you would be restricted by state law. I live in Washington (state) where open carry is legal, no permit or anything. We only have to have a permit for concealed. So I can carry either way if I went to Mt. Ranier. But if I went to a national park in California, I wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun into the state, let alone take it into a national park. I lived in South Carolina many years ago when I was not into guns; just thought I would check and see what's happening there gun wise.
Wouldn't any federal park in kommifornia be unincorporated land, how could a
state incorporate land that isn't theirs? So OC would be legal.
Always wanted to draw down on a giant redwood, now that is BIG GAME! :what:

Is it any wonder I won't step foot in that crazy banana republic. To many crazy laws
to tempt me into breaking.