• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Automoblie Firearms Lws Same While Boating?

Sig229

imported post

Next week, I will be visiting Maryland to see some old friends. We plan to take one of my friends brand new Cris Craft Corsair 33 boat out on the bay. (http://www.chriscraft.com/index.php?submenu=Gallery_Corsair33&src=photo&srctype=lister&ref=Corsair%2033&category=Models&filmstrip=)

Do the same laws regarding firearms in a vehicle on the roadway apply to marine vehicles?

I will be getting a hotel, but not all the rooms have safes, so I dont know if I will be getting a safe in my room or not. and I WILL NOT leave my firearms in the room while Im gone.

virginiatuck

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Next week, I will be visiting Maryland to see some old friends. We plan to take one of my friends brand new Cris Craft Corsair 33 boat out on the bay. (http://www.chriscraft.com/index.php?submenu=Gallery_Corsair33&src=photo&srctype=lister&ref=Corsair%2033&category=Models&filmstrip=)

Do the same laws regarding firearms in a vehicle on the roadway apply to marine vehicles?

I will be getting a hotel, but not all the rooms have safes, so I dont know if I will be getting a safe in my room or not. and I WILL NOT leave my firearms in the room while Im gone.

I don't know if this is what you're implying to do, but I definitely wouldn't leave them on the boat either. That's just asking for them to be stolen.

As for whether a boat is a vehicle for the purposes of Title 4 - Weapons Crimes, yes it is. Section 4-201. Definitions.:
[align=JUSTIFY](i) Vehicle.- "Vehicle" means a motor vehicle as defined in Title 11, Subtitle 1 of the Transportation Article, a train, an aircraft, or a vessel.
[/align][align=JUSTIFY]
[/align]

Novus Collectus

Handguns (that are not "antiques"), yes. Long guns (and "antique" handguns), no.

Handguns (that are not "antiques") on a boat where one resides when it stops and is then loaded when it stops for one to sleep is a gray area.

MD law does not address loaded and openly carried "antique" handguns nor long guns as far as transport on a boat when not hunting that I could ever find. "Modern" handguns must be unloaded and in an enclosed holster of enclosed case when transported on highways or waterways in MD (unless you are hunting or are LE or have a MD handgun carry permit, basically).

Mr H

Somehow, I'd not noticed where you are...

We'll be out there this weekend, and plan on going to the Lewes area on Saturday. Depending on what I can find out about Prime Hook NWR, I may be OCing for the first time.