• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What To Do, What To Do???....

T

TWG2A

imported post

Well, I've been here nearly one month now and am getting settled in my new home. I Love Montana, I Love my home and I Love the people here thus far.

Although I'm still working on a lot of the issues in my home State of Washington, I am anxious to get more involved in advocacy here in Montana. I'm the Secretary for a motorcycle group in Washington and a member of the MT chapter of that group. I've also looked into some local Second Amendment groups but there just isn't much going on here compared to the HORNET'S NEST I moved from. I'm not used to this peace and quiet, but I must say that it's been very nice change. I do feel, however, that I'm not doing enough now.

I'm joining the MSSA and will volunteer for the Gallatin County group within that organization. I'm also planning to visit the local shooting range, The Manhatten Wildlife Association. Has anyone here been to that range? Any reviews would be appreciated.

I've been looking into the legislative issues here in MT and am counting on the MSSA to guide me where my efforts are most needed. In the meantime, if any of you have ideas as to how I can get more involved here in Montana (Bozeman), I'd very much welcome the advice. I don't know anyone here in Montana so I'm stumbling around on my own.

Tomorrow's Bozeman Memorial Day Parade will be great. It's the first here in 50 years! Genreal Norman Schwarzkopf (sp?) will be there. I've volunteered for the American Legion and the Eagles here in Bozeman and will be helping to prepare and serve the breakfast and lunch for Memorial Day Services. It's going to be a great way to meet some fellow Patriotic Americans and I can't think of a better way to spend Memorial Day than to serve those who've served us for so long.

I also want to test the OC "climate" here in Bozeman at some point soon. Although I can OC in my purse here, I'd like to give it a try holstered. I'd feel much more comfortable if I had a local with me the first time. Anyone?

And to our Beloved Veterans.....

Thank You for your service and dedication. May God Bless Your Souls Forever. In Liberty.

T

TWG2A

imported post

Here in MT, carrying a firearm in one's purse is not considered concealed carry. Purses are considered "luggage".

T

TWG2A

imported post

I suppose I'd better write a quick disclaimer, like those fancy high-falutin' lawyers do...

"I am not an attorney of Law. You are advised to check with State and Federal regulations on this issue before acting on any of my comments."

There! Here's a few links on MT Gun laws for your review. http://www.mtssa.org/gunlaws.phtml

:)