Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Browning Buckmark Pistol

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    Got a brand New Buckmark in 22lr with a problem. Where the ejector contacts the reciever has material missing after only 100 rds. I brought it back where I bought it and they sent it to browning. Browning sent it back un toutched. I even sent them a pic of the exact spot. I bought this pistol as a trainer for my wife and kid, now I can't trust it. Anyone see this before? Help please.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, ,
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    Check this out...same new gun after very few rounds...same chips?

    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=301031

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, ,
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    If need be, reference this similar issue when you speak to Browning's people. I think you can convince them to make it right. There may well be a bunch more instances of this out there, too. A few minutes pointing Google in the right direction may be well worthwhile.

    It sucks when something like that happens. It's not a big confidence restorer...which is why Browning should be more than happy to make it right, gratis.

    Good luck!!

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    Post imported post

    Did you field strip, inspect and clean the gun before you fired it the first time? That condition may have existed when you bought it.

    Always a good practice IMO. Gives you a chance to inspect it while cleaning and lubing it properly.

    Never having owned a Browning Buckmark, I cannot speak from personal experience, but I wonder if improper disassembly/assembly procedures could have caused this.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Post imported post

    I'll give you $100 for it...send me a PM. If not, shoot the hell out of it and tell your great great grand kids to look at the picture you took of it.....as they are shooting it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Did you field strip, inspect and clean the gun before you fired it the first time? That condition may have existed when you bought it.

    Always a good practice IMO. Gives you a chance to inspect it while cleaning and lubing it properly.

    Never having owned a Browning Buckmark, I cannot speak from personal experience, but I wonder if improper disassembly/assembly procedures could have caused this.

    Yata hey
    That was the first thing I did the day I bought it. I actually took it apart and reassembled it about four times just to familiarize myself with it before I shot it. I'm actually going to take it back in on tuesay, and speak to the owner, he wasn't in when I picked it up friday. The other guys in the shop watched me take it apart in the store and saw the damage themselves. I can't believe they just sent it back like that.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    Post imported post

    NRAMARINE wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Did you field strip, inspect and clean the gun before you fired it the first time? That condition may have existed when you bought it.

    Always a good practice IMO. Gives you a chance to inspect it while cleaning and lubing it properly.

    Never having owned a Browning Buckmark, I cannot speak from personal experience, but I wonder if improper disassembly/assembly procedures could have caused this.

    Yata hey
    That was the first thing I did the day I bought it. I actually took it apart and reassembled it about four times just to familiarize myself with it before I shot it. I'm actually going to take it back in on tuesay, and speak to the owner, he wasn't in when I picked it up friday. The other guys in the shop watched me take it apart in the store and saw the damage themselves. I can't believe they just sent it back like that.
    Would have to ask for a full report on what specifically occurred with your Buckmark and are they receiving any similar complaints. Then likely that they pay for all subsequent shipping and handling expenses involved in getting this right. Either that or send you a new gun.

    Browning Service Department
    One Browning Place
    Arnold, Missouri 63010-9406
    1-800-322-4626

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    Just got off the phone with Browning. A gentleman named Alan informed me that those are stake marks and are normal. He said they are there to hold the ejector in place.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    Post imported post

    NRAMARINE wrote:
    Just got off the phone with Browning. A gentleman named Alan informed me that those are stake marks and are normal. He said they are there to hold the ejector in place.
    Live and learn. :?

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    I just wish I could find someone else who has one of these to confirm what they told me. I get the feeling it's a " don't bother me it's normal." type deal.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    Post imported post

    NRAMARINE wrote:
    I just wish I could find someone else who has one of these to confirm what they told me. I get the feeling it's a " don't bother me it's normal." type deal.
    Contact a gunsmith that has worked on them or a dealer familiar with the inner parts.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    Checked on a few rimfire pages, and the guys who have these say the newer ones ( post 2001) all have these marks. Thanks for the info, sorry about the off topic, figured other firearm enthusiasts and 2nd ammendment advocates would understand and hopefully share knowledge. Thanks again.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •