• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Browning Buckmark Pistol

NRAMARINE

imported post

Got a brand New Buckmark in 22lr with a problem. Where the ejector contacts the reciever has material missing after only 100 rds. I brought it back where I bought it and they sent it to browning. Browning sent it back un toutched. I even sent them a pic of the exact spot. I bought this pistol as a trainer for my wife and kid, now I can't trust it. Anyone see this before? Help please.:uhoh:

AmosMoses

imported post

If need be, reference this similar issue when you speak to Browning's people. I think you can convince them to make it right. There may well be a bunch more instances of this out there, too. A few minutes pointing Google in the right direction may be well worthwhile.

It sucks when something like that happens. It's not a big confidence restorer...which is why Browning should be more than happy to make it right, gratis.

Good luck!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Did you field strip, inspect and clean the gun before you fired it the first time? That condition may have existed when you bought it.

Always a good practice IMO. Gives you a chance to inspect it while cleaning and lubing it properly.

Never having owned a Browning Buckmark, I cannot speak from personal experience, but I wonder if improper disassembly/assembly procedures could have caused this.

Yata hey

Article1section23

imported post

I'll give you $100 for it...send me a PM. If not, shoot the hell out of it and tell your great great grand kids to look at the picture you took of it.....as they are shooting it.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Did you field strip, inspect and clean the gun before you fired it the first time? That condition may have existed when you bought it.

Always a good practice IMO. Gives you a chance to inspect it while cleaning and lubing it properly.

Never having owned a Browning Buckmark, I cannot speak from personal experience, but I wonder if improper disassembly/assembly procedures could have caused this.

Yata hey
That was the first thing I did the day I bought it. I actually took it apart and reassembled it about four times just to familiarize myself with it before I shot it. I'm actually going to take it back in on tuesay, and speak to the owner, he wasn't in when I picked it up friday. The other guys in the shop watched me take it apart in the store and saw the damage themselves. I can't believe they just sent it back like that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That was the first thing I did the day I bought it. I actually took it apart and reassembled it about four times just to familiarize myself with it before I shot it. I'm actually going to take it back in on tuesay, and speak to the owner, he wasn't in when I picked it up friday. The other guys in the shop watched me take it apart in the store and saw the damage themselves. I can't believe they just sent it back like that.
Would have to ask for a full report on what specifically occurred with your Buckmark and are they receiving any similar complaints. Then likely that they pay for all subsequent shipping and handling expenses involved in getting this right. Either that or send you a new gun.

Browning Service Department
One Browning Place
Arnold, Missouri 63010-9406
1-800-322-4626

Yata hey

NRAMARINE

imported post

Just got off the phone with Browning. A gentleman named Alan informed me that those are stake marks and are normal. He said they are there to hold the ejector in place.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
Just got off the phone with Browning. A gentleman named Alan informed me that those are stake marks and are normal. He said they are there to hold the ejector in place.
Live and learn. :?

Yata hey

NRAMARINE

imported post

I just wish I could find someone else who has one of these to confirm what they told me. I get the feeling it's a " don't bother me it's normal." type deal. :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
I just wish I could find someone else who has one of these to confirm what they told me. I get the feeling it's a " don't bother me it's normal." type deal. :uhoh:
Contact a gunsmith that has worked on them or a dealer familiar with the inner parts.

Yata hey

NRAMARINE

imported post

Checked on a few rimfire pages, and the guys who have these say the newer ones ( post 2001) all have these marks. Thanks for the info, sorry about the off topic, figured other firearm enthusiasts and 2nd ammendment advocates would understand and hopefully share knowledge. Thanks again.