• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant w/ alcohol

lamuskrat

imported post

I am new here so forgive my ignorance and re-posting if already been done. On some of my other forums that I visit and am member there seems to be great controversy about the following:

Is it legal to OC (and CC while were at it) in a restaurant that sells alcohol? I know bars or establishments where alcohol is consumed on the premises is illegal, but what about restaurants?

aadvark

imported post

No..., well not at least Open Carry, per RS 14:95.5.

Concealed Carry is different, at least on paper, per Louisiana Revised Code.

Contact Louisiana Carry for the discrepancy in Louisiana Law concerning the matter of Carry into Establishments that dispense Alcohol.

Masher

imported post

Look up what type of license they have. If it's a class A license then from understanding no firearms period. If it's a class B liquor license then you can. Many eating establishments haveclass B licenses I think someone over atLOCAL was compiling a database.

nimrodder

imported post

aadvark wrote:
No..., well not at least Open Carry, per RS 14:95.5.

Concealed Carry is different, at least on paper, per Louisiana Revised Code.

Contact Louisiana Carry for the discrepancy in Louisiana Law concerning the matter of Carry into Establishments that dispense Alcohol.

Wait !! You need to re-read RS 14:95.4 section D

D. An "alcoholic beverage outlet" shall not include a restaurant if a majority of its gross receipts are from sales of food and non-alcoholic beverages.

This covers most if not all resturants in the State.