Thread: Wife OC's first time

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So, I had to go to Wally World (S.Carson City) for a few BBQ items and I had on my swim shorts. I always take my firearm (XDm 9mm) with me even if it's just in the car. My swim shorts wouldn't allow me to carry it very well so I decide to leave it in the car.

Some punks who seemed to be drunk going into to the store and walking in the parking lot and yelling at people caught my wife's attention. She said, wait a minute, turn a round and go to the car. We get to the car and she says " I'm not going into that store unless I'm OCing. I gave her this look as if I just won the lottery.

She discreetly puts on my BlackHawk Serpa paddle holster, holstered the gun, and away we went shopping. Very uneventful in regards to the opposition, but we never look around to see who's looking anyways and never have had any problems.

Needless to say I was very Happy, and she felt good about it.

Anyhow, have a good Memorial Day Weekend.

Post imported post

dchoepp wrote:
    So, I had to go to Wally World (S.Carson City) for a few BBQ items and I had on my swim shorts. I always take my firearm (XDm 9mm) with me even if it's just in the car. My swim shorts wouldn't allow me to carry it very well so I decide to leave it in the car.

Some punks who seemed to be drunk going into to the store and walking in the parking lot and yelling at people caught my wife's attention. She said, wait a minute, turn a round and go to the car. We get to the car and she says " I'm not going into that store unless I'm OCing. I gave her this look as if I just won the lottery.

She discreetly puts on my BlackHawk Serpa paddle holster, holstered the gun, and away we went shopping. Very uneventful in regards to the opposition, but we never look around to see who's looking anyways and never have had any problems.

Needless to say I was very Happy, and she felt good about it.

Anyhow, have a good Memorial Day Weekend.

If you and your wife don't already own it, you should buy this book. http://www.paladin-press.com/product...ombat_Shooting

Post imported post

That's awesome. My wife saw the post and kind of had that well maybe I should try it one day look! We'll see.

Post imported post

Was just there yesterday (Sunday) too! I frequently OC there and that day there were a bunch of "guys" hanging out in the parking lot on the way to Jiffy Lube when I left.

Wal-Mart, Trader Joes and Starbucks were uneventful... (did BestBuy the week before and spent too much money)

Lowe's on the other hand, a little 4 year old kid in a shopping cart goes "Mommy, that man has a guuun!"

I turn, smile and continue to push my cart w/ 300-500 lbs of "crap" (pavers, bricks, etc.) to the checkout.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    If you and your wife don't already own it, you should buy this book. http://www.paladin-press.com/product...ombat_Shooting
    One of the proudest things that I am able to say is that Colonel Cooper was a friend of mine. He was an opinionated old goat, but his opinions usually were based in the Real World, and you ignored them at your own peril.

BTW, Louis Awerbuck (who wrote the foreword in this edition) was the Chief Instructor at Gunsite when I went there the first time.