• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Hotels

rmbstyle

imported post

I recently stayed at a Emabssy Suites, and noticed a sign at the front door that sayed "no carry of firearms on premisses". Generaly,are most hotels like that?

nova

imported post

In general, no.

When I visited Blacksburg on 4.16.10 I OC'd everywhere I went (not making a statement or anything, just carrying as I always do) including my hotel. I kind of know the people who work there (not personally) since I've stayed there a lot, including when I had to stay an extra few days the week the shooting happened (to stay within driving distance of Montgomery Regional Hospital). I didn't get any odd looks, not even from others visiting from out of town that weekend.

45acpForMe

imported post

I stayed in a Hilton in CO early May and OC-ed about without issue. I guess just like other businesses though there could be anti hotels but haven't heard of them. I would think that while in your room they would have no say but I am not a lawyer.

I have a tendency to find bad parts of town (totally by mistake) and once while staying in Watts district in Los Angeles,CA the checkin person was behind bullet proof glass with a drawer that extended to get credit cards or cash. :) That was my first sign that maybe I should stay somewhere else. The second sign was the mirror on the ceiling over the bed, and the third was the wino's singing in the parking lot all night!

rmbstyle

imported post

When i was walking into the hotel, I had a duffel bag in one hand, and a AR in a black case in the other. While I was walking through the lobby, a employe stopped me and asked me if I had a gun in the black case, and I said "no, its a trumpet". Then he said "good, because we dont allow any guns in this hotel, we dont want to risk someone gettingkilled".I sayed "cool" (sarcasticly),and kept walkin. I didnt want to make him suspicious.There was no way i was going to leave a gun in the car and risk it getting stolen. If i would of known, i would of stayed at a different hotel, but i got to stay for free, because of loud neighboors.I really wouldof liked to talk to the manager, and asked him if he truely thought that a sign would stop a armed criminal from entering.

TFred

imported post

rmbstyle wrote:
When i was walking into the hotel, I had a duffel bag in one hand, and a AR in a black case in the other. While I was walking through the lobby, a employe stopped me and asked me if I had a gun in the black case, and I said "no, its a trumpet". Then he said "good, because we dont allow any guns in this hotel, we dont want to risk someone gettingkilled".I sayed "cool" (sarcasticly),and kept walkin. I didnt want to make him suspicious.There was no way i was going to leave a gun in the car and risk it getting stolen. If i would of known, i would of stayed at a different hotel, but i got to stay for free, because of loud neighboors.I really wouldof liked to talk to the manager, and asked him if he truely thought that a sign would stop a armed criminal from entering.
Shoulda said it was a violin! Ha ha I wonder if he would have "gotten it"?

TFred

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

When me and my wife go to a certain beach resort several times a year, we stay in the same motel. There is a sign on the front door of the office with the infamous gun and red diagonal line through it. To me, that means they don't want guns brought into their office area - NOT the rooms. So I have my two little friends in my zippered carry belt pack (no belt) and it goes with me to my room and into the lockable wall safe along with my valuables.

No muss, no fuss. For me it's simple. Our lives are far more important than some silly rule. No one knows and I am covered.

mobeewan

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Marriott has apparently gone anti-gun.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/44817.html

Yata hey

Not anymore. From VDCLAlert 5-25-10

9. Marriott under pressure for anti-gun trick, recants anti-gun policy!

Marriott infuriated thousands of gun owners during the NRA convention
a couple of weeks ago, when they accepted money from gun groups like
Grassroots North Carolina, then posted "No guns" signs. That was
despicable and put thousands of gun owners at legal risk under North
Carolina law.

The good news is that because of pressure from gun owners, led by
Grassroots North Carolina, Marriott is now removing their anti-gun
signs NATIONALLY!

Paul Valone is the President of Grassroots North Carolina (you will
need to click on the link to read the full article):

http://bit.ly/MarriottPullsSigns

By Paul Valone
May 24, 2010

[SNIP]

GRNC campaign leads Marriott to say signs will be removed

After GRNC began the effort and Gun Rights Examiners Paul Valone, Dave =

Workman and David Codrea and others ran it, the boycott immediately
''went viral,'' appearing on forums across the country and generating =

untold numbers of contacts to Marriott =96 many of which were from
Marriott's ''Rewards'' members who supported the boycott. On Sunday, th=
e
Marriott boycott made nationally-syndicated radio on Tom Gresham's
''Gun Talk.''

Today, upper level Marriott executive Keith Thomas told GRNC board
member Bill Krupicka that signs from the Charlotte property had
already been removed, and that signs across the country will be
removed promptly=85

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Marriott is still anti-gun.

They have engaged in deliberate lies and calculated deception - the NO GUNS signs are still there.

The day after reporting the Marriott had responded positively, Paul Valone (GRNC) issued a scathing alert - Marriott lied to him, refuses to call him back and has been tied to major anti-gun groups.

http://grnc.org/alerts/alert_5_26_10.htm

Marriott's purpose was to get people like you to stop the email/letter/phone call barrage by reporting that the problem was solved. It is NOT solved - they just made the stench worse. This was no accident - it is a planned and deliberate approach by upper management of Marriott.

Counter Marriott’s disinformation campaign: Post the “Marriott lies to gun owners” message on every forum and blog you can find. Failure to do so will allow an anti-gun multi-national corporation to control the message.

Yata hey

bmartinxd45

imported post

I OC'd at the Best Western Belle Meade Inn in Nashville as well as the Hilton Place, both while checking in and checking out also while enjoying my free continental breakfast. No problems at all.