Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goofs with Guns

Post imported post

I ran across this video on youtube and I just had to post it. Post more dumb stories here if you want.

I thought maybe we should have a "how not to use or handle a firearm" thread, where we show what the phrase "goof with a gun" really means.

This story is beyond stupid, and this moron's wife paid the price for his irresponsible and foolish behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fhb...eature=related

Post imported post

The most "classic" one is the video of the DEA officer who after proclaiming himself "the only one qualified enough to handle this gun" proceeds to shoot himself in the leg while showing the weapon to a classroom full of kids.

That said, I often listen to Cope Reynolds' show The Shooting Bench. I like the fact that he reads stories of firearms mishaps/tragedies, as well as instances of self-defense.

Post imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
    The most "classic" one is the video of the DEA officer who after proclaiming himself "the only one qualified enough to handle this gun" proceeds to shoot himself in the leg while showing the weapon to a classroom full of kids.
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Overtaxed wrote:
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
    It almost seems like he did it on purpose to show how easy it can happen. How much of a coincidence is it that he just fired it off right after he said he's the only one qualified to handle it? I also wonder if it was a real round?? It seems really fishy to me. I wonder if he was just trying to scare the kids or something.

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    It almost seems like he did it on purpose to show how easy it can happen. How much of a coincidence is it that he just fired it off right after he said he's the only one qualified to handle it? I also wonder if it was a real round?? It seems really fishy to me. I wonder if he was just trying to scare the kids or something.
    If what you're saying is true, it makes him even more stupid.

Post imported post

This was a real incident. I remember reading some where that he sued the agent that posted it on you-tube and theagencybecause he can no longer go undercover.

Don't ask me to cite, can't remember where it was.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    If what you're saying is true, it makes him even more stupid.
    It certainly would make him more stupid, but it seems more logical, if you know what I mean.

Post imported post

How about this knuckelhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzl-ptugOk
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Huck wrote:

I like how he quickly flashed his gun at the piece of wood at the end.

Post imported post

Or this bonehead...
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Huck wrote:
    Or this bonehead...
    ATF? LOL

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

WTF was that?

Post imported post

Huck wrote:

Fu¢k-TARD
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Post imported post

Man accidentally shoots himself in testicles

A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.

Seattle Times staff
    Related

A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.
    The man's handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent "accidental discharge," according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.
    "It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store," Sessions said. "I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock."
    Nobody else was hurt and no one appeared to be with the man, she said.
    Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.
    Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said. A manager at Lowe's said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...cident31m.html
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
    Related

The man's handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent "accidental discharge," according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.
    "It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store," Sessions said. "I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock."
    Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.
    Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said. A manager at Lowe's said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.
    Kinda makes you wonder if he's had other issues with accidental discharges in his pants. Of course, if he did before, I'm guessing he doesn't now..... :shock:

Post imported post

Ekho wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
    Related

Kinda makes you wonder if he's had other issues with accidental discharges in his pants. Of course, if he did before, I'm guessing he doesn't now..... :shock:
    No matter how stupid someone is, I'd never wish for them to do such a horrible damage to that part of their anatomy.... :-X

Banned

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    Ekho wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
    Related

No matter how stupid someone is, I'd never wish for them to do such a horrible damage to that part of their anatomy.... :-X
    its survival of the fitest

now his dumbness cant be reproduced

Post imported post

I would hate to hear about someone who was injured that way through a "legitimate" AD, but when you're tucking a loaded firearm down your pants without an innerpants holster or something similar, well, yeah, eventaully, you're probably going to thin out the gene pool by one donor.

Banned

Post imported post

There was a thread not too long ago where folks were discussing stuffing guns in waistbands. Some insisted that it was safe. I wonder if he was the nutless gun nut?

Post imported post

Using a holster is certainly no guarantee you won't shoot yourself in the dick.

Banned

Post imported post

The advantage of a holster is that it securely encases the trigger--protecting it from anything the might sneak inside the trigger guard. Fabric just doesn't provide that level of security.

Post imported post

Ture enough, but a holster is not a substitute for a brain, which that poor fellow clearly lacked. Now he lacks something else, too.

Banned

Post imported post

True enough. However, redundancy protects against failure (due to stupidity or happenstance) of any one system. The people most likely to retain their reproductive organs are those who use holsters, brains, safeties, proper handling techniques, etc.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast