• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goofs with Guns

Tomahawk

imported post

I ran across this video on youtube and I just had to post it. Post more dumb stories here if you want.

I thought maybe we should have a "how not to use or handle a firearm" thread, where we show what the phrase "goof with a gun" really means.

This story is beyond stupid, and this moron's wife paid the price for his irresponsible and foolish behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fhbJilcfI&feature=related

Overtaxed

imported post

The most "classic" one is the video of the DEA officer who after proclaiming himself "the only one qualified enough to handle this gun" proceeds to shoot himself in the leg while showing the weapon to a classroom full of kids.

That said, I often listen to Cope Reynolds' show The Shooting Bench. I like the fact that he reads stories of firearms mishaps/tragedies, as well as instances of self-defense.

Tomahawk

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
The most "classic" one is the video of the DEA officer who after proclaiming himself "the only one qualified enough to handle this gun" proceeds to shoot himself in the leg while showing the weapon to a classroom full of kids.
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Aaron1124

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Overtaxed wrote:
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
It almost seems like he did it on purpose to show how easy it can happen. How much of a coincidence is it that he just fired it off right after he said he's the only one qualified to handle it? I also wonder if it was a real round?? It seems really fishy to me. I wonder if he was just trying to scare the kids or something.

Tomahawk

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
It almost seems like he did it on purpose to show how easy it can happen. How much of a coincidence is it that he just fired it off right after he said he's the only one qualified to handle it? I also wonder if it was a real round?? It seems really fishy to me. I wonder if he was just trying to scare the kids or something.
If what you're saying is true, it makes him even more stupid.

rodbender

imported post

This was a real incident. I remember reading some where that he sued the agent that posted it on you-tube and theagencybecause he can no longer go undercover.

Don't ask me to cite, can't remember where it was.

Aaron1124

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
If what you're saying is true, it makes him even more stupid.
It certainly would make him more stupid, but it seems more logical, if you know what I mean.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man accidentally shoots himself in testicles

A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.

Seattle Times staff
Related

A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.
The man's handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent "accidental discharge," according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.
"It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store," Sessions said. "I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock."
Nobody else was hurt and no one appeared to be with the man, she said.
Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.
Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said. A manager at Lowe's said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011994648_accident31m.html

Ekho

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
Related

The man's handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent "accidental discharge," according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.
"It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store," Sessions said. "I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock."
Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.
Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said. A manager at Lowe's said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.
Kinda makes you wonder if he's had other issues with accidental discharges in his pants. Of course, if he did before, I'm guessing he doesn't now..... :shock:

Aaron1124

imported post

Ekho wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
Related

Kinda makes you wonder if he's had other issues with accidental discharges in his pants. Of course, if he did before, I'm guessing he doesn't now..... :shock:
No matter how stupid someone is, I'd never wish for them to do such a horrible damage to that part of their anatomy.... :-X

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Ekho wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Seattle Times staff
Related

No matter how stupid someone is, I'd never wish for them to do such a horrible damage to that part of their anatomy.... :-X

its survival of the fitest

now his dumbness cant be reproduced

Ekho

imported post

I would hate to hear about someone who was injured that way through a "legitimate" AD, but when you're tucking a loaded firearm down your pants without an innerpants holster or something similar, well, yeah, eventaully, you're probably going to thin out the gene pool by one donor.