• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goofs with Guns

eye95

imported post

There was a thread not too long ago where folks were discussing stuffing guns in waistbands. Some insisted that it was safe. I wonder if he was the nutless gun nut?

eye95

imported post

The advantage of a holster is that it securely encases the trigger--protecting it from anything the might sneak inside the trigger guard. Fabric just doesn't provide that level of security.

eye95

imported post

True enough. However, redundancy protects against failure (due to stupidity or happenstance) of any one system. The people most likely to retain their reproductive organs are those who use holsters, brains, safeties, proper handling techniques, etc.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

A TRUE Darwin Award Winner!

Most people think you only "win" a Darwin by dying, but if you read the "rules", you can also "win" by making yourself incapable of further contribution to the gene pool. I think this guy qualifies.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eye95 wrote:
The advantage of a holster is that it securely encases the trigger--protecting it from anything the might sneak inside the trigger guard. Fabric just doesn't provide that level of security.

That reminded me of something I noticed when I was watching Criminal Minds on TV. The character Dr. Spencer Reed carries a revolver in a rather ridiculous position, but the worst thing is the holster it's in doesn't cover the trigger.

Reid-criminal-minds-5987214-631-975.jpg

buster81

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
eye95 wrote:

That reminded me of something I noticed when I was watching Criminal Minds on TV. The character Dr. Spencer Reed carries a revolver in a rather ridiculous position, but the worst thing is the holster it's in doesn't cover the trigger.
It looks to me like a Bianchi: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=5BHL

Aaron1124

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
eye95 wrote:

I wonder where the muzzle points when he's sitting down?! :-O

ecocks

imported post

I look at that picture and think, "This issotypicalof Hollywood's gun genre."

It has to be deliberate on the part of some anti-gun writer or director (leave aside the hypocrisy of being anti-gun and writing, directingor acting in gun-based action films for a living) that they are so unsure of themselves that they MUST show the TRIGGER to prove IT'S A GUN!

Even somehalfway decentaction flicks always seem to be intent on showing things like this to PROVE the insidious GUNS are ALL so DEADLY.

Why, for instance, would a professional hit man/killer like the boys' father in Boondock Saints have so many different guns on his custom fitted, multi-weapon, kit vest?

I can see where if you're ambi-dexterous and determined to dual-wield firearms, that reloads are not practical but wouldn't you think he would have picked at the most two gun types rather than 5 or 6 with different magazines, ammo, trigger guards, sights, grips, etc. over his decades of experience?

I noticed the same thing in The Mummy where the hero has two revolvers and two automatics. At least he was younger and maybe had the excuse that he was still considering revolver versus auto while building his collection though.

bomber

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
The advantage of a holster is that it securely encases the trigger--protecting it from anything the might sneak inside the trigger guard.  Fabric just doesn't provide that level of security.

That reminded me of something I noticed when I was watching Criminal Minds on TV.  The character Dr. Spencer Reed carries a revolver in a rather ridiculous position, but the worst thing is the holster it's in doesn't cover the trigger. 

douchebags like this are the reason i stopped watching tv a long time ago.

Tomahawk

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:

That's Hollywood for "Let's show the audience that tough cops carry guns openly and everyone else is a crook".

It seems most cops shows show female cops carrying guns up front like that, it's a way of making them look tough, I suppose.

nofoa

imported post

I disabused my friend of a practice he used to do. He'd clear a weapon, rack it several times then put the gun on his thigh and pull the trigger.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Although the trigger is uncovered, the retention strap does appear to cross behind the hammer, effectively holding it down from any accidental contact with the trigger. :idea:

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Although the trigger is uncovered, the retention strap does appear to cross behind the hammer, effectively holding it down from any accidental contact with the trigger. :idea:
if the hammer gets snagged does it half cock like a 1911 or will it strike the round without being cocked all the way

Tomahawk

imported post

This girl's boyfriend is more than a goof, he's also an A-hole. I know some guys think this is funny to do this to a girl, but it's a good way to make sure she never wants to shoot again, and it might seriously injure her, too. Even worse, she is sticking her tongue out of her mouth in anticipation. That could've ended very badly.

Now if this was my sister and herboyfriend did this to her, he'd be answering for it, and maybe pulling his shiny Deagle out of his ass.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/FRgYtp3HfvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

novasig226r

imported post

Huck wrote:

I went and looked through his YouTube channel.

Absolute f-tard. All that waving around with a pistol does nothing but show total ignorance. As if all that swinging, slicing, wiggling, and poking with a gun does anything helpful, constructive, useful... or safe.

* His Tueller Drill Example
* Demonstrating how "safe" it is to grab the slide of a firing automatic handgun
* With a revolver...
* A retention demonstration

This dude thinks he's so cool and practical, and someone will watch him and say, "Damn, I can be just like that!"

:cuss: