• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security is tight on the Jamestown/Scotland Neck Ferry

wylde007

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
I wonder if they consider the ferry charge an entrance fee:
Hatteras Ferry is free.

I have yet to experience a problem on this route, though part of it is in Nat'l Seashore.

Chkultr

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Chkultr wrote:
Must be the same thing in NC. I am in the OBX. Was chosen for one of the random vehicle checks. Asked for my DL and if I had weapons or drugs in the vehicle. Answered yes to one of the questions. Was asked quite a few times if I was LEO or a postal carrier! Finally was told to lock it up and not to remove it until I got to the other side!

This was the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry on the Ocracoke side!
The Hatteras-Oracoke ferry is part of NCDOT - state owned/controlled.
Did not know that they could deprive you of your 2A rights.
http://www.ncdot.org/ferry/

Couldn't find any statute law covering this. Anybody?

That wouldn't fly on Va. public transportation.

Yata hey

I wonder if they consider the ferry charge an entrance fee:

·
Assemblies and establishments where admission was charged. §14-269.3

Or a state office building

·
State office buildings or any portion of a building in which there’re State offices. §14-415.11(c)
"any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed."

The way you have it there it sounds like you're saying "establishments where admission was charged" but that's not the case. The charged admission only applies to an assembly.

So, is the ferry an assembly? I doubt it.

Perhaps further discussion of the matter should be moved to the NC forum.
]
The ferry is free from Hatteras to Ocracoke!
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/45242.html

Thundar

imported post

peter nap wrote:
t33j wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Then we went to Jamestown so I switched from OC'ing the 1911 to CCing the Taser.
Sure will be nice when Bob unveils his secret plans to correct that.:X
eh:question:
You need a permit to carry a firearm in State Parks. As far as I know (or care) Tasers are OK.

If you're asking about McDonnell's secret plan...it's a secret.
Don't worry. Ken Brady is his point man on this.