Thread: Black powder pistol

Post imported post

I ordered a 1851 colt navy from cabela's and am thinking of oc'ing it with a shoulder holster as it has a 7 1/2 inch barrel...it just seems like it would be more comfortable...anyone else use a shoulder holster?...I currently carry either a Astra 9mm or a 1873 cattleman 45 in side holsters.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Ron67 wrote:
    I ordered a 1851 colt navy from cabela's and am thinking of oc'ing it with a shoulder holster as it has a 7 1/2 inch barrel...it just seems like it would be more comfortable...anyone else use a shoulder holster?...I currently carry either a Astra 9mm or a 1873 cattleman 45 in side holsters.
    I use a chest strap for my BFR but not for city wear. It wrinkles my Tux.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Peter, we all know you have one of those custom Q-designed spring-loaded up-the-sleeve rigs like 007 for your gold-plated Walther PPK... You don't have to rub our faces in it...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Peter, we all know you have one of those custom Q-designed spring-loaded up-the-sleeve rigs like 007 for your gold-plated Walther PPK... You don't have to rub our faces in it...
    Peter Nap was the model on whom the image of Q was based, but they had to tone the specifics down a bit for the movies - nobody would have believed it.

BTW - I think Peter taught Mr. Bond how to draw that thing. :quirky

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

and his Walther, too... :what:
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

One of those old fashioned western cross draw style chest rigs would look sweet.

- i like oldies alot, i OC a Ruger Vaquero in a drop loop quite a bit. wicked fast coming out should ya ever need it. Looks sexy too.

~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

I OC one of these daily while zooming around town on my Scooter..

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/image...op5half_lg.jpg

Keeps Road Rage to a minimum..

-Adam

Post imported post

This is the BP I carry in my 'over the shoulder' rig. Bus riders don't even notice.