• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black powder pistol

Ron67

imported post

I ordered a 1851 colt navy from cabela's and am thinking of oc'ing it with a shoulder holster as it has a 7 1/2 inch barrel...it just seems like it would be more comfortable...anyone else use a shoulder holster?...I currently carry either a Astra 9mm or a 1873 cattleman 45 in side holsters.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ron67 wrote:
I ordered a 1851 colt navy from cabela's and am thinking of oc'ing it with a shoulder holster as it has a 7 1/2 inch barrel...it just seems like it would be more comfortable...anyone else use a shoulder holster?...I currently carry either a Astra 9mm or a 1873 cattleman 45 in side holsters.
I use a chest strap for my BFR but not for city wear. It wrinkles my Tux.;)

Dreamer

imported post

peter nap wrote:

Peter, we all know you have one of those custom Q-designed spring-loaded up-the-sleeve rigs like 007 for your gold-plated Walther PPK... You don't have to rub our faces in it... :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Peter, we all know you have one of those custom Q-designed spring-loaded up-the-sleeve rigs like 007 for your gold-plated Walther PPK... You don't have to rub our faces in it... :cool:
Peter Nap was the model on whom the image of Q was based, but they had to tone the specifics down a bit for the movies - nobody would have believed it. :lol:

BTW - I think Peter taught Mr. Bond how to draw that thing. :quirky

Yata hey

Batousaii

imported post

One of those old fashioned western cross draw style chest rigs would look sweet.

- i like oldies alot, i OC a Ruger Vaquero in a drop loop quite a bit. wicked fast coming out should ya ever need it. Looks sexy too.

;)

TheMrMitch

imported post

This is the BP I carry in my 'over the shoulder' rig. Bus riders don't even notice.;)

CattlemansCarbine.jpg