Thread: Daniel Boone National Forest

Post imported post

Now, I know that it is totally legal to carry a gun in Boone National Forest, I would just like to know if anyone has had any problems or difficulties in doing so.

I'd like to get out for a few days sometime soon, just to explore around the woods. Probably while carrying a flintlock rifle . I intend on not seeing anyone else there anyway. But, if I do, are Park Rangers there generally cool, or buttheads?

Post imported post

Wellllllll......Carrying a flintlock RIFLEin the woods at this time of yearjust may get you arrested. And it may not. Be careful. Some are cool. Some are buttheads.

Post imported post

Born and raised in that area and I would just caution you that it is a BIG TIME dope growing area. So on the one hand, it is good to have the protection, on the other hand there is the possibility of a dope grower mistaking you for someone coming to steal his crop.

Sad that this is true but I would suggest you stick to marked trails only.........

Post imported post

Stophel wrote:
    Now, I know that it is totally legal to carry a gun in Boone National Forest, I would just like to know if anyone has had any problems or difficulties in doing so.

I'd like to get out for a few days sometime soon, just to explore around the woods. Probably while carrying a flintlock rifle . I intend on not seeing anyone else there anyway. But, if I do, are Park Rangers there generally cool, or buttheads?
    Just make sure you are not violating any of the hunting laws associated with the National Forest area. Hunting times are different within the forest area than they are under state regs and carrying a rifle could be construed as hunting tool. Not sure, look it up first. You don't have to be hunting to violated the administrative rules for hunting
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Post imported post

The only thing I have been able to find from the Forest Service is that carrying guns just follows State law. They have no other rules other than for specified Wildlife Management Areas or certain recreational areas, things like that. They have several year-round open rifle ranges, and they just list ordinary range rules there.

Yeah, pot growers are going to be everywhere no matter where I am. Probably still less dangerous than in hunting season...

I have been told I should check out Pennyrile State Forest for a quicker 2 or 3 day getaway (much closer to me). Anywhere I go, I will do my preliminary scout with my .38 Masterpiece before returning in 18th century regalia.