• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

outside hart plaza at techno

Savage.Detroit

imported post

You know some of us OCers live in Detroit...

But I do understand where you are coming from. When I got back to Michigan I didn't want to live in Detroit. I stayed North of Detroit. I moved back 4 years ago because of family and going back to school. I doubt I will live in the D after school but where ever God leads.

There are some good folks in the D. Maybe the bad outweighs the good, I'll give ya that but I could introduce you to many people who take a pay-cut to work in Detroit because they want to make a difference. Maybe they are crazy or maybe they are on a mission from God.

I work with teens in Southwest Detroit and some situations are all jacked up! But this year all my Seniors are graduating and going on to major colleges. A bright ray of hope in a seemly dark situation.