Thread: when do law officers have the right to touch your firearm?

Post imported post

example ofsituation....

you are concealing your pistol and it is noticed by a passing officer, jacket blows open for brief enough show. he then comes to you and talks about the pistol he saw.

How far can he or she go? can they ask for your pistol?

I have talked to officers in past and they asked if i had any concealed weapons, because i like to be honest to officers i said yes and a CPL. all issues were very easy going and they never asked to see it. some sparked up long conversations about pistol preferences. the above question is to get knowledge from others and to be better prepared for posible issues. legal points wanted just as much as peoples 2 cents.thanks for answering

Post imported post

It's all a grey area....

Just remember to cover your ass and as long as you are not doing anything illegal you will have a case...

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

Unless they have RAS, only if you tell them they can.

That's my understanding.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

wow out of a couple hundred views only 3 people have comments?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    waterfowl woody wrote:
    I guess nobody disagrees with the info we posted

Hey, you coming up to the Burlington meet and greet lunch next Saturday, June 5th?
    Yep been pretty much agreed.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    waterfowl woody wrote:
    I guess nobody disagrees with the info we posted

Hey, you coming up to the Burlington meet and greet lunch next Saturday, June 5th?
    From what I've heard 95% of LEO's are pretty respectful about the subject.

Whats the time/place of this meet and greet you speak of? I'm from Bellingham, don't know what I'm doing on the 5th but it might not be too far for me to consider.

Post imported post

my sons B day on that day. when is the next one?

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Dem0072 wrote:
    From what I've heard 95% of LEO's are pretty respectful about the subject.

Whats the time/place of this meet and greet you speak of? I'm from Bellingham, don't know what I'm doing on the 5th but it might not be too far for me to consider.
    Bob's Burger and Brew off of I-5 one exit north of Burlington. Saturday, June 5, 1:00 pm.
    I have OC'ed there a few times and at other Bob's too. Great Bleu cheese burger and nice refillable steak fries.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

waterfowl woody wrote:
    example ofsituation....

you are concealing your pistol and it is noticed by a passing officer, jacket blows open for brief enough show. he then comes to you and talks about the pistol he saw.

I have talked to officers in past and they asked if i had any concealed weapons, because i like to be honest to officers i said yes and a CPL. all issues were very easy going and they never asked to see it. some sparked up long conversations about pistol preferences. the above question is to get knowledge from others and to be better prepared for posible issues. legal points wanted just as much as peoples 2 cents.thanks for answering
    Um, when they take it from our cold dead hands?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Post imported post

Lammo wrote:
    waterfowl woody wrote:
    example ofsituation....

Um, when they take it from our cold dead hands?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL...I was tempted.