• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when do law officers have the right to touch your firearm?

waterfowl woody

imported post

example ofsituation....

you are concealing your pistol and it is noticed by a passing officer, jacket blows open for brief enough show. he then comes to you and talks about the pistol he saw.

How far can he or she go? can they ask for your pistol?

I have talked to officers in past and they asked if i had any concealed weapons, because i like to be honest to officers i said yes and a CPL. all issues were very easy going and they never asked to see it. some sparked up long conversations about pistol preferences. the above question is to get knowledge from others and to be better prepared for posible issues. legal points wanted just as much as peoples 2 cents.thanks for answering

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

It's all a grey area....

Just remember to cover your ass and as long as you are not doing anything illegal you will have a case...

Dem0072

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
waterfowl woody wrote:
wow out of a couple hundred views only 3 people have comments?
I guess nobody disagrees with the info we posted :lol:

Hey, you coming up to the Burlington meet and greet lunch next Saturday, June 5th?

From what I've heard 95% of LEO's are pretty respectful about the subject.

Whats the time/place of this meet and greet you speak of? I'm from Bellingham, don't know what I'm doing on the 5th but it might not be too far for me to consider.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Dem0072 wrote:
From what I've heard 95% of LEO's are pretty respectful about the subject.

Whats the time/place of this meet and greet you speak of? I'm from Bellingham, don't know what I'm doing on the 5th but it might not be too far for me to consider.
Bob's Burger and Brew off of I-5 one exit north of Burlington. Saturday, June 5, 1:00 pm.
I have OC'ed there a few times and at other Bob's too. Great Bleu cheese burger and nice refillable steak fries.

Lammo

imported post

waterfowl woody wrote:
example ofsituation....

you are concealing your pistol and it is noticed by a passing officer, jacket blows open for brief enough show. he then comes to you and talks about the pistol he saw.

I have talked to officers in past and they asked if i had any concealed weapons, because i like to be honest to officers i said yes and a CPL. all issues were very easy going and they never asked to see it. some sparked up long conversations about pistol preferences. the above question is to get knowledge from others and to be better prepared for posible issues. legal points wanted just as much as peoples 2 cents.thanks for answering
Um, when they take it from our cold dead hands? :)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Lammo wrote:
waterfowl woody wrote:
example ofsituation....

Um, when they take it from our cold dead hands? :)

(sorry, couldn't resist)
LOL...I was tempted.