• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANY businesses/agencies that don't have an employee firearm policy?

Aaron1124

imported post

Are there any known businesses or agencies here in Washington (besides one that actually require their employees to be armed) that do not have a policy against firearm possession for their employees?

amzbrady

imported post

Where I was working, They dont give a $hit as long as you dont run off an existing or potential customer. Many a day, spent conversationing about guns, looking for the best price on powder, Discussing what our next toy was going to be (Boss's son made way more than me, so he was able to buy his dream toys). In fact, before the economy tanked out here, the boss's son applied for a business license (Guns R Us), and was getting ready toget his FFl license. He was going to open a little gun shop in the back of the mechanic shop. It was our discretion to carry, boss could care less.

Edited for forgotten words.

amzbrady

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Are there any known businesses or agencies here in Washington (besides one that actually require their employees to be armed) that do not have a policy against firearm possession for their employees?

Like police, security gaurds, bounty hunters, and private investigaters?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I encourage armed employees in my business too. And am armed most the time myself.

I actually went and bid a job openly carrying the other day. Some nice Indian folks who were surprised we don't need permits and wanted to find out more on what they can do to be armed.

joeroket

imported post

My employer just says to follow the law. Now if we could just change that pesky law that prevents me from carrying during work so I do not have to leave it in my car.

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:

Like police, security gaurds, bounty hunters, and private investigaters?
Yep. Correct.

Dem0072

imported post

Good idea to encourage businesses to consider this. But I have a question.

If you have a business that has a business model of going onsite visiting clients at home or at work, or otherwise traveling to a business location - what would be your standing on the possibility that people would become intimidated or turned off?

I know there are a lot of people that might look down on the idea of concealed carry, but would this be an acceptable alternative?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Dem0072 wrote:

If you have a business that has a business model of going onsite visiting clients at home or at work, or otherwise traveling to a business location - what would be your standing on the possibility that people would become intimidated or turned off?

I know there are a lot of people that might look down on the idea of concealed carry, but would this be an acceptable alternative?
Until it is more widely accepted there are time when it may be prudent to conceal. Of course use your own judgement. I open carry every where mostly but if it is new clients I am meeting I will conceal, jobs are tough to come by right now.

Dem0072

imported post

Fair enough, I don't own a hand gun but I was invited by a neighbor who does. Good advice, thank you.

markallen

imported post

Hey Gang,

I guess I'll take this opportunity for a shameless plug for my company Savage Color (we're the folks who print the gun rights pamphlets). When writing our employee manual I included the following:

"At no time shall any employee be in possession of a firearm on company property UNLESS said employee is legally allowed to be in possession of said firearm under state and federal law. As part of our company culture, Savage Color strongly supports our employees Second Amendment rights and encourages legal and responsible use and ownership of firearms for self protection and the security of all our employees."

We're a small company, but I still thought it was important to include this statement.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

markallen wrote:
At no time shall any employee be in possession of a firearm on company property UNLESS said employee is legally allowed to be in possession of said firearm under state and federal law. As part of our company culture, Savage Color strongly supports our employees Second Amendment rights and encourages legal and responsible use and ownership of firearms for self protection and the security of all our employees."

We're a small company, but I still thought it was important to include this statement.
Let us know when you are hiring Mark.... my company won't even let me lock it in the truck in the garage. I think we need to get a bill introduced to allow employees to at least lock them in their vehicle on company property.

fire suppressor

imported post

markallen wrote:
Hey Gang,

I guess I'll take this opportunity for a shameless plug for my company Savage Color (we're the folks who print the gun rights pamphlets). When writing our employee manual I included the following:

"At no time shall any employee be in possession of a firearm on company property UNLESS said employee is legally allowed to be in possession of said firearm under state and federal law. As part of our company culture, Savage Color strongly supports our employees Second Amendment rights and encourages legal and responsible use and ownership of firearms for self protection and the security of all our employees."

Thank you for you support!

massivedesign

imported post

I own my own business, so there is no written policy on firearms for employees. I travel a lot (PNW) every week and always carry. Into clients homes, other office buildings, state buildings, etc. There are times when I have job sites in the not so nicest of neighborhoods. I carry, and I would have no problem with my employees carrying, but there would be a discussion beforehand.

Now, one of my clients who I actually work IN the office multiple days a week as a sub-contractor has a very strict no weapons policy. They know I carry and have zero problem with it, mainly because I have worked there for almost 11 years, and have carried well before the policy was even in place.

When I am working, concealed... When I am no, open.

olypendrew

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Dem0072 wrote:

Until it is more widely accepted there are time when it may be prudent to conceal. Of course use your own judgement. I open carry every where mostly but if it is new clients I am meeting I will conceal, jobs are tough to come by right now.

+1

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Dem0072 wrote:

AMEN! I'm as pro-2nd Amendment as I can be, but my attitude alone isn't going to put food on my family's table...I conceal when on my boss' time (and they're fine with it), open when I can on my time...