Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Audio / Video

  1. #1
    Regular Member USMC1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    190

    Post imported post

    I have a few questions,

    1. Do you automatically start audio/video recording all chance LEO contacts ?

    2. At what point do you start recording ?

    3. Do you say a preamble to you recording, i.e. Date, Time, Place, Whom is involved ?
    TIA

    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    USMC1911 wrote:
    I have a few questions,

    1. Do you automatically start audio/video recording all chance LEO contacts ?

    2. At what point do you start recording ?

    3. Do you say a preamble to you recording, i.e. Date, Time, Place, Whom is involved ?
    TIA
    Yes.

    As soon as I see LEO. If I see a LE car in the parking lot, it is turned on.

    Yes I read into the recorder identifying information.
    Live Free or Die!

  3. #3
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872

    Post imported post

    Personally I always carry a recorder. I leave mine on my pocket and snake a clip on Michael up from under my shirt to my collar. I keep everything under mu clothing as possible. Not because I want to hide it but because I consider my recorder the same as my fire arm in the scene that I do not want to give anyone easy access to it. Buy a good one you get what you pay for. I have mine set up so every time I press record it time stamps the date and time to the digital file. Because I never know when I am going to need it I start mine recording as I walk out my door and keep it running until I walk back through my door and close It behind me. I will record 3-4 hours at a time on a regular basis. Because there is rarely any warning to tell us when to start and record his insurers 100% coverage. I plug my recorder into my computer every night and download the digital files. If there was no encounters I simply delete them. I put all the outings with with encounters good or bad into a different folder. The way I do it is if a LEO comes up to me as I put my hand out to shake his hand I verbalize his name and department this way you have it recorded. "John Smith of the seattle PD how are you doing today sir"
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  4. #4
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872

    Post imported post

    Sorry guys I know that last post had some spelling and grammar issues. I posted it off my Droid so I missed a few things
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    256

    Post imported post

    fire suppressor wrote:
    Sorry guys I know that last post had some spelling and grammar issues. I posted it off my Droid so I missed a few things
    Droid, if thats not taking over the world i dont know what is.

  6. #6
    Regular Member USMC1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    190

    Post imported post

    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

  7. #7
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  8. #8
    Regular Member swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?
    They are talking about the Droid phone from Verizon. It is a smartphone with the linux operating system Android on it.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran Lurkus Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stanwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P
    -----------------------------
    "Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect." Lazarus Long

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Lurkus Maximus wrote:
    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?*


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P
    Now that is funny right there. I don't care who you are.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  11. #11
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489

    Post imported post

    Lurkus Maximus wrote:
    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P


  12. #12
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Stretch wrote:
    Lurkus Maximus wrote:
    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    Sorry guys I know that last post had some spelling and grammar issues. I posted it off my Droid so I missed a few things
    I finally turned that auto-complete off in my GN1. Now I don't see Michael when I wanted to see mic.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    Lurkus Maximus wrote:
    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P
    That isn't the droid he's looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    fire suppressor wrote:
    Personally I always carry a recorder. I leave mine on my pocket and snake a clip on Michael up from under my shirt to my collar. I keep everything under mu clothing as possible. Not because I want to hide it but because I consider my recorder the same as my fire arm in the scene that I do not want to give anyone easy access to it. Buy a good one you get what you pay for. I have mine set up so every time I press record it time stamps the date and time to the digital file. Because I never know when I am going to need it I start mine recording as I walk out my door and keep it running until I walk back through my door and close It behind me. I will record 3-4 hours at a time on a regular basis. Because there is rarely any warning to tell us when to start and record his insurers 100% coverage. I plug my recorder into my computer every night and download the digital files. If there was no encounters I simply delete them. I put all the outings with with encounters good or bad into a different folder. The way I do it is if a LEO comes up to me as I put my hand out to shake his hand I verbalize his name and department this way you have it recorded. "John Smith of the seattle PD how are you doing today sir"
    Just wondering: How do you get around RCW 9.73.030, or do you never have any private conversations in the course of your day? Not trying to start a fight or anything, just concerned because there are potentially both civil and criminal liabilities.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  16. #16
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Lammo wrote:
    Lurkus Maximus wrote:
    USMC1911 wrote:
    OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ?


    C'mon, you know it had to done!:P
    That isn't the droid he's looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.
    OK, since you dont know how to play along i'll help ya.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •