• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Audio / Video

USMC1911

imported post

I have a few questions,

1. Do you automatically start audio/video recording all chance LEO contacts ?

2. At what point do you start recording ?

3. Do you say a preamble to you recording, i.e. Date, Time, Place, Whom is involved ?
TIA :D

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USMC1911 wrote:
I have a few questions,

1. Do you automatically start audio/video recording all chance LEO contacts ?

2. At what point do you start recording ?

3. Do you say a preamble to you recording, i.e. Date, Time, Place, Whom is involved ?
TIA :D

Yes.

As soon as I see LEO. If I see a LE car in the parking lot, it is turned on.

Yes I read into the recorder identifying information.

fire suppressor

imported post

Personally I always carry a recorder. I leave mine on my pocket and snake a clip on Michael up from under my shirt to my collar. I keep everything under mu clothing as possible. Not because I want to hide it but because I consider my recorder the same as my fire arm in the scene that I do not want to give anyone easy access to it. Buy a good one you get what you pay for. I have mine set up so every time I press record it time stamps the date and time to the digital file. Because I never know when I am going to need it I start mine recording as I walk out my door and keep it running until I walk back through my door and close It behind me. I will record 3-4 hours at a time on a regular basis. Because there is rarely any warning to tell us when to start and record his insurers 100% coverage. I plug my recorder into my computer every night and download the digital files. If there was no encounters I simply delete them. I put all the outings with with encounters good or bad into a different folder. The way I do it is if a LEO comes up to me as I put my hand out to shake his hand I verbalize his name and department this way you have it recorded. "John Smith of the seattle PD how are you doing today sir"

fire suppressor

imported post

Sorry guys I know that last post had some spelling and grammar issues. I posted it off my Droid so I missed a few things

Lurkus Maximus

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USMC1911 wrote:
OK, I'm an idiot, what's a Droid ? :uhoh:
250px-R2d2lala.jpg

C'mon, you know it had to done!:p

deanf

imported post

Sorry guys I know that last post had some spelling and grammar issues. I posted it off my Droid so I missed a few things

I finally turned that auto-complete off in my GN1. Now I don't see Michael when I wanted to see mic.

Lammo

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
Personally I always carry a recorder. I leave mine on my pocket and snake a clip on Michael up from under my shirt to my collar. I keep everything under mu clothing as possible. Not because I want to hide it but because I consider my recorder the same as my fire arm in the scene that I do not want to give anyone easy access to it. Buy a good one you get what you pay for. I have mine set up so every time I press record it time stamps the date and time to the digital file. Because I never know when I am going to need it I start mine recording as I walk out my door and keep it running until I walk back through my door and close It behind me. I will record 3-4 hours at a time on a regular basis. Because there is rarely any warning to tell us when to start and record his insurers 100% coverage. I plug my recorder into my computer every night and download the digital files. If there was no encounters I simply delete them. I put all the outings with with encounters good or bad into a different folder. The way I do it is if a LEO comes up to me as I put my hand out to shake his hand I verbalize his name and department this way you have it recorded. "John Smith of the seattle PD how are you doing today sir"
Just wondering: How do you get around RCW 9.73.030, or do you never have any private conversations in the course of your day? Not trying to start a fight or anything, just concerned because there are potentially both civil and criminal liabilities.