• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man accidently shoots himself in the testicles in Lynnwood!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seattle Times

Man accidentally shoots himself in testicles
A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.

Seattle Times staff

Related

A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.

The man's handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent "accidental discharge," according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.

"It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store," Sessions said. "I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock."

Nobody else was hurt and no one appeared to be with the man, she said.

Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.

Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said. A manager at Lowe's said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.

Dem0072

imported post

I understand not all guns have a safety feature (or two) but why in the hell would you carry one of those in your waist band/pants?

Natural selection indeed.

69Charger

imported post

No one has said it yet, so I will. :uhoh:

OUCH :what:

Dave

Matt85

imported post

why would any one carry a pistol pointed at there nuts? :?

even if the gun had 4 different safeties i would not have it pointed at the most important part of my body!

-matt

Batousaii

imported post

Matt85 wrote:
why would any one carry a pistol pointed at there nuts? :?

+1 to the infinite power.

- Also curious if he was a gang banger, or even legal to own - sounds like really sloppy carry (like a thug would carry). Concealed ? Permit ? - hmmm.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Cal? Model? Must of been some idiot with a "duece duece" or whatever they call them. I know damn well(and not dumb enough to do so) if that happened with any of my pistols......I would most likely be missing a leg.

Always some moron out there making us look even worse. He should be charged.

Batousaii

imported post

One commenter wrote

From comment section: "A ganger here, (I saw the evidence photos) was drawing his highly-modified, sawed-off-both-ends, .410 double-barrel shotgun out of his pants to shoot another ganger. Due to his modifications, both barrels went off at once as he drew the weapon, with hair-trigger and already fully-cocked, giving him a complete sex-change operation the quick and dirty way. "

- I wonder if it is true, or if he just BSing around - i still wonder... Has anyone heard any REAL details of the carrier?

- Sorry - pure speculation here- just really sounds like abad scene. :shock:

Tomas

imported post

LYNNWOOD, Wash. -- A man was shot in the testicles Sunday afternoon after a gun in his waistband accidentally discharged, police said.
The man was shopping at the Lowe's hardware store in Lynnwood around 12:30 p.m. when the gun went off, said Shannon Sessions with Lynnwood police.
Medics were called and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center, but the extent of his injuries is not known.
No one else was injured, and the man appeared to be shopping alone, Sessions said.
Sessions said it was legal for the man to be carrying the gun and it's unlikely he'll face any charges.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/95276669.html

Emphasis added...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
See - evolution at work right before our eyes! Survival of the fittest = self-castration by the stupidest...
Eh, only counts if this happened BEFORE the fool had a chance to breed. Which I doubt.:uhoh:
Now I had a good laugh for the evening, that is funny right there I don't care who you are.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

911Boss wrote:
Glock 30, 3.5lb trigger, mexican carry in waistband of sweatpants. Through the sack, into the leg, lodged in or near the foot.

Literally a "nutless wonder"...
And according to one media report not ilegal? (had a CPL?)

Age? Gang? Race?

Hammer

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Glock 30, 3.5lb trigger, mexican carry in waistband of sweatpants. Through the sack, into the leg, lodged in or near the foot.

I own a 29, even has the 3.5lb trigger. May as well be the same gun.
If I mexican carried that thing in sweatpants, them sweatpants would be around my ankles.
And that's only 1 of many good reasons not to do that....
That musta been a bloody mess...
"Bio cleanup at the checkout counter!"

Metalhead47

imported post

911Boss wrote:

Bugger, probably not enough to remove him from the gene pool then, unless it was one of them JFK "magic" sideways-moving bullets :banghead:

1970camaroRS

imported post

Just saw this on my daily quick read of KOMO. I was wondering if I'd come to this site and find a thread topic saying something like, "Ummmm, guys....I made a booboo." Glad it hasn't gone that way...yet. Anyone from the Lynnwood area unaccounted for? Also, did you note that in the KOMO article they used a file picture of someone OCing from an article they ran earlier in the year?

080609_gun_in_holster.jpg