• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Clarification

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have been reading about people registering their guns, blue cards, etc.

What exactly do you need to have on you when OCing, just for clarification?

I was told my firearm does not have to be registered unless I have a CCW.

At this time, I do not have a CCW. So, I OC quite a bit. I do not have my gun registered. Just carry my I.D. on me and that's about it.

Can I have a little light shed on this? What's a blue card anyways? The only one I know of is what Ive seen for CCW.

Thanks.

Vegassteve

imported post

First do some research on the NRS. If you have made the choice to carry then you should have already been aware of the questions you asked. This is going to sound harsh and it is. Why would you be doing something that could land you in jail? Why would you not find all the info first?

Second since you are not in Clark Co there is no blue card, there is no NV state registration.

Third as long as you are legal to own a firearm carry away in the open.

Who told you your firearm had to be registered if you had a CCW? I know what they meant but it is not registration.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Having individual firearms listed on your CCW is not the same as registration.

If you have a revolver on your CCW, You are good for carrying any revolver. Only semi-automatic handguns need be listed individually.

varminter22

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
If you have a revolver on your CCW, You are good for carrying any revolver. Only semi-automatic handguns need be listed individually.
And NOT by serial number. Only make, model and caliber.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Only the make and model ie XD 9mm or Taurus PT 745, no serial numbers are listed

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
First do some research on the NRS. If you have made the choice to carry then you should have already been aware of the questions you asked. This is going to sound harsh and it is. Why would you be doing something that could land you in jail? Why would you not find all the info first?

Second since you are not in Clark Co there is no blue card, there is no NV state registration.

Third as long as you are legal to own a firearm carry away in the open.

Who told you your firearm had to be registered if you had a CCW? I know what they meant but it is not registration.
First, Mr. Harsh. I am aware of the laws and have been OCing for a while. I have read up on all NRS pertaining to firearms. I carry the pamphlet on me as well. I was asking this question because I was in a debate with a friend. I also just previously read a thread with someone stating, that when stopped by LEO, he was asked to produce his blue card, and also made a few statements about his firearm being registered.

Being that I am not from Clark County, I had no idea what a blue card was, hence my inquisition to the matter.

Thanks for your input.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Whoa there a minute, VegasSteve wasn't trying to be harsh, perhaps a bit direct, but I don't think he intended to give you a hard time.

Please understand the the topic of gun registration is a particularly frustrating one down here in Nevada's only blue county, and some of us are constantly battling the almost unrelenting stream of misinformation and are trying to get to the sources of it.

Please also try not to jump to the conclusion that someone is deliberately trying to be rude. Emotion does not convey well in text and one persons intended tone may not transmit as they intended.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

There is not a thing a person must posses while carrying openly in Nevada. If a person is carrying concealed however, he must be in possession of a valid concealed carry permit as well as "proper identification" such as a driver's license. A Nevada resident must have a Nevada concealed firearm permit to carry concealed. A permit from another state will not do even if it is recognized by Nevada. A person who is not a resident of Nevada can carry concealed with any permit recognized by Nevada however.

A visitor to Clark county does not need to register his handgun, but upon residing in the county for sixty days it then becomes necessary to register it and thereby obtain the blue card. A person who has registered his handgun in Clark County need not carry the blue card with the gun. For those of us fortunate enough live outside the perimeter of Clark County, there is no need for registration unless your firearm happens to be a firearm regulated by the National Firearms Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Whoa there a minute, VegasSteve wasn't trying to be harsh, perhaps a bit direct, but I don't think he intended to give you a hard time.

Please understand the the topic of gun registration is a particularly frustrating one down here in Nevada's only blue county, and some of us are constantly battling the almost unrelenting stream of misinformation and are trying to get to the sources of it.

Please also try not to jump to the conclusion that someone is deliberately trying to be rude. Emotion does not convey well in text and one persons intended tone may not transmit as they intended.
Ahh, as you say tone in posts are hard to convey what you are feeling. I was only being slight sarcastic, but not jumping the gun on someone being rude. You will notice that I thanked him for is input.

See, I knew nothing of the ole blue county. Just what the laws are in Northern Nevada. I also know the laws in Northern CA, as I go there often. I always make sure to research the laws and the areas I am going into. But as we all know, the information we sometimes get is incorrect. Now I know just a little more than I did yesterday.;)

Vegassteve

imported post

dchoepp wrote:
Vegassteve wrote: First, Mr. Harsh. I am aware of the laws and have been OCing for a while. I have read up on all NRS pertaining to firearms. I carry the pamphlet on me as well. I was asking this question because I was in a debate with a friend. I also just previously read a thread with someone stating, that when stopped by LEO, he was asked to produce his blue card, and also made a few statements about his firearm being registered.

Being that I am not from Clark County, I had no idea what a blue card was, hence my inquisition to the matter.

Thanks for your input.

Well from what I read in your first post it seems you had read zero NRS or lawon the issue.