• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can u open carry a rifle or shot gun

john118242

imported post

can you open carry a rifle or shot gun in new hamsphire ? if so can it be loaded or not?

john118242

imported post

have u done it? soo if i wanted to i could put a shot gun in the back window of my pick up truck like in the movies and shit? i hear alot around and i never know whats really true or not

aadvark

imported post

In most States, but not all States, Open Carry of a Long Gun is OK, and..., yes, they can be Loaded as well, if you should prefer them to be.

New Hampshires Law forbiding Loaded Vehicle Carry of Long Guns is due to Hunting Laws, and has nothing to do with Public Safety.

ManInBlack

imported post

john118242 wrote:
have u done it? soo if i wanted to i could put a shot gun in the back window of my pick up truck like in the movies and @#$%? i hear alot around and i never know whats really true or not

I firmly support the peaceable open-carrying of long guns for any legal purpose, but when you write in the style above and include the phrase "like in the movies and @#$%," I really don't think that you are doing the cause any good.

john118242

imported post

ok not a big deal im just a guy looking for asnwers i didint expect you to get all mad or nothing . i wasint aware of ur point but now i am . my whole point of in the movies was for a example soo u knew what i was talking about. i wasint saying o i want to be like the movie characters type of thing . no disrespect to any of you just trying to learn the law more . every time i call the station or the attorneys office they are very unhelpfull even the atf wont help much

MK

imported post

john118242 wrote:
i wasint saying o i want to be like the movie characters type of thing . no disrespect to any of you just trying to learn the law more . every time i call the station or the attorneys office they are very unhelpfull even the atf wont help much
maybe it has something to do with your presentation? Just a guess.

NewHampshireNative

imported post

Most police departments are not going to tell you the truth" that it'slegal to open carry a long gun" beause they don't want you walking around town with any guns let along a Ar-15 or fully loaded ak-47 with a 100 round drum mag. Second unless that is your attorney that you have paid/are paying they will not help you much. Even the so called free attorney's (not free for the tax payers) will not sit around all day and answer what you have to ask them on gun laws. Most police officer's/departments and even attorney's do not know all the gun laws they have to look them up each time you call. The ATF will be of no help unless your wanting information on Fed gun laws they will not be able to help with state laws that's why we have 'GOOGLE". Even the NH AG's office will not help much called them oncemy self to get a better understanding of a RSA law and they said they could not interpret the law for me they could only read it as it was writen back to me. Your best bet is to buy a book on firearm laws in NH and then find a firearms attorney pay them the 50-100 consultation fee and sit down and ask them anything you have ever wanted to know.