Thread: Appleseed? (slightly OT, but looking for opinions)

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland

Post imported post

I recently saw an article about the Appleseed Marksmanship program. I know, it's about rifle marksmanship, and sort of off-topic, but I wondered if anyone here had gone through one of their workshops, and what you thought of it. There are several scheduled for this summer here in NC, and I'm considering attending if they are worth the drive and the fees...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

North Chesterfield VA

Post imported post

Be prepared to be humbled. But go anyway.

Start doing some stretching exercises now. It will make things a bit easier.

Bring lots of shade and maybe even a spare set of smoked shooting glasses. Sunscreen and water will be your friends.

BTW - you will learn a lot about shooting, and about history.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Old Saybrook, CT

Post imported post

$40 for a day
    $70 for the weekend

If you shoot a .22 (Ruger 10/22 with Tech-Sights installed is the preferred gun) you will get out of an entire weekend of training for $100. How's that?
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member